- RT @diakiw: #Newton murders dropped in half (8 to 4) this year, but still tied with Whalley for most likely place in #SurreyBC to get kille… 10 hours ago
- “You are so loved.”
- Tragedy in Ottawa
- Update: The Little Pop Up Soup Kitchen…that couldn’t
- This week column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Changes unfairly target non-profits.
- Life on 135A street, or, The little Pop-up Soup Kitchen that could
- “Christy Clark would do well to remember that Canada is a free nation…”
- Don’t wait to enjoy the china.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Welfare rates are starvation rates
What people are saying
Laila on “You are so loved.… Larry K on “You are so loved.… JDC on Update: The Little Pop Up Soup… Laila on Update: The Little Pop Up Soup… nonconfidencevote on Update: The Little Pop Up Soup… nonconfidencevote on Update: The Little Pop Up Soup…
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Sea to Sky highway changes hands as Macquaries Essential Asset Partnerships sells 100% of their stake in the project
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- "You are so loved."
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Why did the BC government repeal the Weather Modification Act ?
- Just because you have the right to do something, doesn’t mean doing it is right .
- Update: The Little Pop Up Soup Kitchen...that couldn't
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail BCTF Bill Tieleman canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey csis dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile LNG love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Monthly Archives: February 2009
“While there are some concerns about safety after dark in the city as a whole, most people feel quite safe in their own neighbourhoods. “ – Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts responding to a 2007 Crime Survey in which 71% … Continue reading
Even though I’ve been on an Oprah boycott forever, I recently blogged about a portion of her commencement speech that was damn good advice to anyone in dealing with people. I’ll be damned if that quote doesn’t apply to Gordon … Continue reading
Oh. My. God. Ever had one of those mornings where nothing goes right? It started when I walked into the kitchen this morning, only to remember I was out of coffee. Grrrrr. But, I sucked it up and soldiered on, … Continue reading
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Rally against gang violence organized for Sunday at Surrey Central SURREY – Following the recent spat of continuing gang shootings across Metro Vancouver, two youth from Surrey, Paul Hillsdon and Trevor Loke, have planned to hold … Continue reading
Attention all you very devout Simi Sara fans: Simi will be filling in for Nikki Renshaw on Talk 1410 ( CFUN), for approximately 10 weekdays- starting tomorrow! Catch her with Marke Driesschen between 10am and 2 pm. http://www.talk1410.com/shows.php?p=1222198728.htm
Are you reading this Wally? Premier Campbell? Are you? There has been yet another shooting here in Surrey, just this morning. It makes me want to vomit. I was just out and about with two of my younger children and came … Continue reading
YES, yes,yes- yet another Surrey shooting that appears to be gang related, but thankfully not near me. http://www.vancouversun.com/news/RCMP+investigate+Surrey+shooting+involving+Range+Rover/1294867/story.html Selfish to say but I really am starting to fear for my safety at times. Dinner out could become a death ticket. Funny enough, I was out … Continue reading
Ok, all you Vancouver-ites might have English Bay and the seawall to enjoy on a sunny winter day, but we have Tsawwassen and the trails around Centennial Beach. The sun, the sea and panoramic views of Mt Baker and the … Continue reading
Many of you will have heard about the recent arrest and release of Chris Brown following the alleged public assault of his girlfriend Rhianna. He has been charged with making threats against her, and the District Attorney had sent the assault … Continue reading
Gang violence, government corruption and the BC legislature. Sounds like an old-school mob movie? No – just business as usual in provincial politics
This is war: Gang Warfare on the streets of Vancouver, Surrey, Montreal and Ottawa ( Thanks to http://bctrialofbasi-virk.blogspot.com/ for this insightful piece.) Nearly 700 police officers were involved in today’s major raids on gangs who allegedly traffic cocaine in Montreal and … Continue reading