- @setarelven She will get the very large anti-coal train,protect the ocean vote in the riding. 1 hour ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Politics must not trump public safety - It's time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with 'Gracie's Finger' references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
Monthly Archives: February 2009
Gang violence, government corruption and the BC legislature. Sounds like an old-school mob movie? No – just business as usual in provincial politics
This is war: Gang Warfare on the streets of Vancouver, Surrey, Montreal and Ottawa ( Thanks to http://bctrialofbasi-virk.blogspot.com/ for this insightful piece.) Nearly 700 police officers were involved in today’s major raids on gangs who allegedly traffic cocaine in Montreal and … Continue reading
How would you feel about having to pay the 2010 security costs for Teresen and BC Hydro? If you aren’t sure, you better start thinking about it now, because you are going to be on the hook for at least … Continue reading
A reminder to stop by and sign this petition I first talked about last year – this proactive group of citizens is taking matters into their own hands to push for harsher sentences and revised bail terms. http://www.toughersentences.com/Home_Page.html You can … Continue reading
( Everyone is talking about the fantastic Jon McComb interview with Wally Oppal that took place Friday afternoon, in which he basically gave the Attorney General a verbal beating while taking him to task over the current state of affairs in … Continue reading
Dear Mr. Falcon, I am still feeling rather confused this morning after watching your interview with CTV’s St. John Alexander on the 6 o’clock newscast last night. In speaking with St.John about why tolls are absolutely necessary for the construction of … Continue reading
An RCMP cruiser pulls up and parks in front of your house, and an officer knocks on your door… It never fails. Whenever I have one of those days where the shower never happened, the hairs in a ratty ponytail … Continue reading
The Vancouver Sun is reporting that the man who was killed in the most recent Surrey targeted hit was 21 year old Ralph Baldini – the same person who rented the north Surrey Penthouse where 6 people were brutally murdered … Continue reading
Yes, I’m afraid so. Yet another brazen daytime shooting / murder in Surrey, this one outside of the London Drugs located at Guildford mall during the early dinner hour. One man was shot several times while sitting in his Land Rover – and he did die as … Continue reading
Yet another shooting death in Surrey hit the news this morning. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/02/03/bc-surrey-shooting.html http://www.theprovince.com/news/shot+death+Surrey/1246008/story.html At least it was in Whalley and not down the street from me, but I’m sure that is of no comfort to the neighbours who lived in … Continue reading
Lakhvinder Kahlon, the Delta man who was charged in the stabbing death of his two year old daughter, has suddenly entered a guilty plea to second degree murder. http://www.bclocalnews.com/surrey_area/surreyleader/news/38817444.html The plea automatically carries a sentence of life in prison. Parole determinations … Continue reading