- #surreybc residents take it to the streets in protest over Gypsy Moth spraying. #bcpoli globalnews.ca/news/1961641/s… 57 minutes ago
- “…the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards….”
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
What people are saying
moose on “…the contractor w… Bruce on “…the contractor w… ” ….the… on Denial, deflect, discredit. ” ….the… on Extensive repair work planned… ” ….the… on Sea to Sky retaining wall ques… ” ….the… on Troubling photos spark Ministr…
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- "...the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards...."
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Introducing... the new Canucks Bra!!
Monthly Archives: February 2009
Gang violence, government corruption and the BC legislature. Sounds like an old-school mob movie? No – just business as usual in provincial politics
This is war: Gang Warfare on the streets of Vancouver, Surrey, Montreal and Ottawa ( Thanks to http://bctrialofbasi-virk.blogspot.com/ for this insightful piece.) Nearly 700 police officers were involved in today’s major raids on gangs who allegedly traffic cocaine in Montreal and … Continue reading
How would you feel about having to pay the 2010 security costs for Teresen and BC Hydro? If you aren’t sure, you better start thinking about it now, because you are going to be on the hook for at least … Continue reading
A reminder to stop by and sign this petition I first talked about last year – this proactive group of citizens is taking matters into their own hands to push for harsher sentences and revised bail terms. http://www.toughersentences.com/Home_Page.html You can … Continue reading
( Everyone is talking about the fantastic Jon McComb interview with Wally Oppal that took place Friday afternoon, in which he basically gave the Attorney General a verbal beating while taking him to task over the current state of affairs in … Continue reading
Dear Mr. Falcon, I am still feeling rather confused this morning after watching your interview with CTV’s St. John Alexander on the 6 o’clock newscast last night. In speaking with St.John about why tolls are absolutely necessary for the construction of … Continue reading
An RCMP cruiser pulls up and parks in front of your house, and an officer knocks on your door… It never fails. Whenever I have one of those days where the shower never happened, the hairs in a ratty ponytail … Continue reading
The Vancouver Sun is reporting that the man who was killed in the most recent Surrey targeted hit was 21 year old Ralph Baldini – the same person who rented the north Surrey Penthouse where 6 people were brutally murdered … Continue reading
Yes, I’m afraid so. Yet another brazen daytime shooting / murder in Surrey, this one outside of the London Drugs located at Guildford mall during the early dinner hour. One man was shot several times while sitting in his Land Rover – and he did die as … Continue reading
Yet another shooting death in Surrey hit the news this morning. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/02/03/bc-surrey-shooting.html http://www.theprovince.com/news/shot+death+Surrey/1246008/story.html At least it was in Whalley and not down the street from me, but I’m sure that is of no comfort to the neighbours who lived in … Continue reading
Lakhvinder Kahlon, the Delta man who was charged in the stabbing death of his two year old daughter, has suddenly entered a guilty plea to second degree murder. http://www.bclocalnews.com/surrey_area/surreyleader/news/38817444.html The plea automatically carries a sentence of life in prison. Parole determinations … Continue reading