Who was right – Pratt…or Taylor ? Laila Yuile wants YOU to settle the score.

Poker is not a sport. It may be a game, but it is certainly not a sport – at least that’s the way I see it. I’ve played a hand or two…or three of poker in my time and while the game is certainly mentally challenging at professional levels,it still doesn’t qualify as a sport.

However,if you were to talk to Dave Pratt from the Team1040, he would likely give you quite the mouthful about why you are wrong, and then storm off in a huff.  And that is exactly what happened last week on TEAM 1040 when Don Taylor and Dave Pratt had more than a little disagreement about Pratt’s editorial. Pratt was talking about how amazing it was that two athletes were performing in their sports despite their ages – which isn’t exactly a controversial subject- except, one of the men plays professional golf, and one plays professional poker.

I’ve been hearing a lot about this incident, and had passed it off as just another publicity stunt to generate some buzz for the station, but having heard the audio, I’m guessing Pratt didn’t exactly appreciate Taylor’s comments. Listen for yourself: http://www.divshare.com/download/7956770-5d4

I say, suck it up princess. Even the dictionary backs up Taylor on this one, see?

sport

[spawrt, spohrt]

–noun
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Note, nowhere does it mention poker…or tantrums. Although,if competitively performed, Pratt might win a gold medal for this one.I give him a 9 out of 10 for technical merit and 8 out of 10 for creativity.

This entry was posted in Laila Yuile. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Who was right – Pratt…or Taylor ? Laila Yuile wants YOU to settle the score.

1. If poker is a sport so is beer chugging and so far 1040 is not ringing my phone off the hook in search of an exclusive interview even though my local Beer Chugging League is deeper into the play-offs than the Canucks are going to get next year.

2. RossK says:

Doesn’t matter what the question is.

Mr. Pratt, in my opinion at least, is always wrong.

Especially when steals other people’s stuff.

3. Lancaster says:

Poker is as much as a sport as Chess and the Spelling Bee.
    I think some people seems to think the word “competition” is the same as “sport”. Sport is any competition that requires some physical abilities.

4. badfreeway says:

I’d say the conflict is real… Pratt is an idiot and his career is always in the gutter because of dumb feuds with colleagues :)

5. Gary L. says:

“Pratt is an idiot ” As a paid up Member in good standing with the Friends Of Idiot’s Society [FOI] I must take umbrage with that comment.
    The folks in our group, feel that Mr. P. gives us good Idiots a bad reputation.

Cheers

6. astro says:

Is there a link between the Friends Of Idiot’s Society [FOI] and Freedom of Information (FOI) here in BC. It seems that Freedom of Information requests are so futile that it is almost idiotic to hope you will get what you request from this government.

7. Gary L. says:

Good one Astro! You spotted the “hidden” bit of humour!

Cheers

Futility and idiocy – two hallmarks of the Liberals style of rule. Throw in secrecy and it’s complete.