Christmas Eve has always been more magical,more wonderful and more exciting day for me than Christmas itself – to be sure, Christmas excitement and anticipation is a heady form of caffeine for me, and it won’t just be the children who have a tough time reaching dreamland tonight!

I will spend the day today preparing the Eggnog Daquoise for tomorrow’s  dessert –  a sensual layered concoction of meringue, rum-laced, light as heaven eggnog mousse and hazelnut flavoured whipped cream. This is a tradition for us- every year I make the most insanely delicious confection I can to end the meal. The turkey needs to be brined and deboned, the stuffing prepared and since I will not have the little ones at home this evening with me, I will wrap gifts, shell chestnuts ( a bloody damn job,scoring,blanching and then peeling the buggers) and enjoy a drink or two in the company of my  lovely daughter. Rare is the time we get alone, so this evening will be a gift for both of us this year, and how lovely before my elder son comes back home in the morning for the usual mayhem Christmas brings to homes with small children!

Before I leave you with a Christmas treat, I would like to take this time to wish all of my readers, friends, and colleagues the best of wishes over Christmas. May your homes be warm, may your heart be full and for those whom that is not possible, I wish you peace and strength of spirit and mind. I would also like to wish the best of luck for my readers in the Courtenay area  who are facing a flood threat over the next few days, let’s hope Santa brings us drier weather!

My little ones are about to wake, and so shortly we will be watching the Santa tracker on tv as we nosh bagels on the sofa in a heap of cream cheese and love. But I leave  you with a Christmas carol of another kind.. and speaking from experience, it is hard to sing it all the way through without laughing… try it. I invite all of you to contribute your own revisions to share and sing over the holidays in the comment section below, or if you can put this tune to music, I’ll put it on the site!

Courtesy of my great friend, sister in spirit and fellow vigilante of truth..lol..  ” Ivana C. Justice. I always knew you were talented Ivana, but this takes the cake!!!

Chestnuts Roast Gord on an Open Wire

Chestnuts roast Gord on an open fire,
His lies are lengthening his nose….
Yuile’s blog truth being sung by a choir,
And folks revved up by Basi’s Memos.

Everybody knows, the Liberal turkeys fixed the show,
In hopes to make their profits bright.
Greedy lot, with their eyes all aglow,
Will find it hard to sleep, tonight…

They know the Inquiry’s on the way;
Exposing lots of deals and treason every day.
And every mother’s child is going to spy,
To see the Liberals show how to lie.

And so I’m offering this simple phrase,
To Kevin, George and Christy Palin, too.
Although it’s been said many times, many ways

Full Rail Inquiry… it’s overdue!

This entry was posted in crime, Laila Yuile and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to ” Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. ~attributed to a very wise 7-year-old named Bobby

1. George says:

Laila,
    This is brilliant…. you are so right I can’t stop laughing.
    I’m new to your site, but this little ditty gives me a clear picture of your personality..as for your menu, I must say you are a very ambitious woman..Enjoy your holiday and your family.
    Wishing you the Seasons Best, and waiting for your return…
    Hysterical!

2. Lynn says:

Pitch Forks roasting on an open fire,
    Inquiries nippin on your arse…
    Thou it’s been said many ways,
    Get yourself a very merry lawyer.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

3. Gary says:

Merry Christmas ( yes I.m not PC ) Laila. Keep up the good work in the new year.

4. cherylb says:

It’s snowing on your blog! I thought it was my eyes at first, lol……

Merry Christmas Laila. Thanks for all you do.

5. Don F. says:

Why not?

“So I’m offering a simple plan
    To those who knew but never said
    Just take what you can and abandon this land
    To turn up somewhere else instead”

Mery Chritmas Laila!

6. Great stuff as always. To you and your family, I wish you Merry Christmas and hope the New Year brings you good health.

Guy in Victoria

7. Merry Christmas Laila. Thanks for the laughter – keeps me from crying and good luck with all your Christmas preparations and celebrations. That concoction sounds amazing. If I do shortbread my daughter considers herself lucky.

8. Linda says:

How funny, Laila and Lyn, a good chuckle is the only way to survive, the mayhem in this province.

Is BC fated to have, only corrupt governing officials? The BC Liberals have a terrible lineup. The Liberal ministers and mla’s, supported Campbell in his insanity. Who would want De Jong? He did the most blatant cover-up of, Campbell’s corrupt sale of the BCR. Christy Clark, calling the citizens, objecting to Campbell’s arrogant, demeaning stance against the people of BC, the Taliban. Herself and her brother, involved in the corrupt sale of the BCR. The only one with no dirt clinging to her, is Stilwell. How can BC survive another two years, of the BC Liberals? There is an, ugly rumor floating around, Campbell is sticking around, as an adviser for the BC Liberals. I wish, we could do a, number of recalls all at one time. It’s to the point, we must be totally rid of the BC Liberal Party, before the rest of the province is sold out. We are tired of the lies, corruption and deceit. Campbell’s election lies, the BCR wasn’t for sale. The HST wasn’t on Campbell and Hansen’s radar lie, to ensure the re-election of Campbell and, the BC Liberals, has really angered the BC citizens. The BC Liberals are an, entire swack, of low characters.

9. Henri says:

Keep an eye out for Christy at the end of the song on a railway pump car

10. Merry Christmas Laila! I Love the song, so clever!
    I wish you much love & laughter in the New Year. And may truth and justice be the legacy of 2011 in our beautiful province.

11. Joan Moffat says:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, I hope you and your family enjoy both.

Thanks for all the good work you do, I read all but post little!

Joan

12. Ron Sward says:

Love the ditty and the song. Merry Christmas and a batch of exposes in the New Year! Good Work!

13. Stuart says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Lailla. After seeing Falcon with his kid, I didn’t hink it could get any funnier, then I saw Deyong baking shortbread! My god, have these scumbags no shame? All the best, Stuart.

14. Lynn says:

A dejong kitchen quote:

“de Jong says his cookies are an old family recipe, “I’ve discovered that even if you don’t really know what you’re doing in the kitchen, get a little flour on your face and make a little scene. You’ll fool just about anyone.”

——–
    “Make a little scene. You’ll fool just about anyone”.

So that is what they have been doing!

15. Lynn says:

Shortbread cookies:
    The 2011 recipe will be created by a P3 chef.

16. North of Hope says:

Why hire a P3 when the reciepe is easily available for much less cost. Here it is.

Shortbread

1 cup butter
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups flour

Mix all ingredients
    Chill for 1 hour
    Roll and cut into shapes using cookie cutter or put into patterned form
    Bake for 15-20 minutes at 3500 F

17. Lynn says:

North:
    3500F? You want us to bake the cookies into fossils?
    LOL

18. Arthur says:

Hello to you. this is my first communication with you, but I am an avid reader of your blog. God Bless you. but, that is not why I replied today really. I love the wording of the poem quoted and will work to put them to music I am not a “song” writer nor am I an accomplished musician, but i will spread the word. God BLess you and all the other People who have worked tirelessly to keep us informed of the corruption
    of the campbell mafia- arthur

19. Arthur says:

Hi, this is my first comment here, but I do like the poem and, though I am not a song writer nor am I an accomplished musician, I will try to put that poem to music and spread the word here in the Kootenays. God Bless and keep up the good work. Have a great NEW YEAR, Arthur

20. Lynn says:

Saw a great bumper sticker today:

I DONT BELIEVE
    The Liberal Media

21. Leah says:

Interesting when our Premier’s attendance at Bilderberg makes a German newspaper…even more interesting that they’re able to print the truth while our media can’t seem to even find it!

22. lynn says:

Laila, you and your blog are delightful in so many ways….Keep shining de light on things.

Many thanks and warm wishes…….

lynn

Back at you my friend! I have been absent for the last week and will catch up with your shortly. Keep sending your little bits, will you ? I enjoy it all !!!

Arthur, I would so love to hear a recording of this!!! Thank you for trying and if you can record it via video and upload to youtube, let me know and I will post it, even if it is after the holidays,

North of Hope, that was a damn fine recipe. If Mike can’t make it as leader, he can always bake cookies for us !!!!