- Follow @lailayuile
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
r on “It’s not what you… John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Great new article from Amy Reid of The Now, detailing the bylaw authorizing the $97 million dollar loan passed by Surrey First mayor and council. Watts insists project’s net cost is $50 million; Surrey mayoral candidate Buchanan calls for review … Continue reading
~ Current mayor Dianne Watts defending both Surrey Economic summits and her invitation to George Bush. South Surrey residents packed Rotary Field House this evening for one of the last all candidates meetings before voters hit the polls next weekend, and … Continue reading
Two things for you today on the campaign trail in Surrey! Recently Ross received an email from a reporter asking him “what your previous political/leadership experience is and why those experiences qualify you to run a major Canadian city with a huge … Continue reading
Not only those who lost their lives so many years ago, fighting for the freedoms and liberties we take for granted far too often, but all the brave Canadian soldiers who have lost their lives in the line of duty … Continue reading
But her iron grip on city hall seems to be loosening. Imagine what would happen if more than 24.5 per cent of Surrey’s eligible voters showed up
I had a great chat with David Carrigg of the Province today, asking why Watts wasn’t pushed about always pushing the net cost of the new city hall, rather than the actual, total cost.Well, I also asked for equal opportunity for … Continue reading
Independent candidate for mayor, Ross Buchanan, says enough is enough when it comes to the glossy media portrayal from Dianne Watts that everything is fine in Surrey, when crime is still a major issue for small businesses and residents in … Continue reading
Entrenched as I have been in municipal campaign matters, I have had little time to do much more than absorb the shock of Sean Holman shutting down Public Eye Online and keep on going. But today, with a brief moment to … Continue reading
Many people will be voting in this years municipal election in Surrey than ever before, so why not take advantage of those advanced voting dates? It always surprises me how many people are still unaware that there are several dates … Continue reading