An absolutely devastating scene in Prince George, at Lakeland mills where a massive explosion and fire last night has taken the life of 1 person and horrifically burned many others. My heart jumped when I read the scan bc report sent by a friend, since I have family working at another mill in PG, but not this one. I was actually down by this mill while I was in PG, very busy place and a lot of wood going through. All I can say is my heart is with those men and families this morning and I know the people of P.G. will help each other get through this. My deepest condolences and thoughts are with all of you today. We can replace mills and buildings, we can’t replace a human life. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/24/bc-prince-george-mill-fire.html
- Admittedly jealous over all these whale sightings reported! Despite many trips around Howe Sound & the Salish sea, whales have eluded me. 5 hours ago
- “The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things…” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
What people are saying
Laila on “The art of being happy,… nonconfidencevote on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… luigi on “It’s not what you… Laila on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,…
- "The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- "The more that government becomes secret, the less it becomes free." ~ James Russell Wiggins
- The world according to Christy Clark. Keep your ibuprofen handy
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.