- RT @JeremyJNuttall: The Tyee – China Leak: Charged Man Had No Security Clearance, Says Exec thetyee.ca/News/2013/12/0… via @TheTyee #BCpoli 3 days ago
- A must read. Right now.
- Why ‘Renewal’ for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
- This week’s column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Changing the rules doesn’t make LNG ‘clean’ energy
- Silence is the ultimate weapon of power. -Charles de Gaulle
- Welcoming the artistic endeavors of illustrator and cartoonist Josh Wapp, to LailaYuile.com
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: “Protecting farmland ensures locals can produce their own food”
- BC government dim sum bonds a success in Hong Kong, but give indigestion to many here in British Columbia
- The only thing you need to know about Justin Trudeau ~ your amuse bouche before this mornings ‘big breakfast’ post coming shortly
What people are saying
jrnl 1160 blog post… on Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Mos… johnsaghast on Want to know how much it costs… Roland on A must read. Right now. Gary Young on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Rob on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Lynn Perry on Why ‘Renewal’ for…
- Why 'Renewal' for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
- A must read. Right now.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Clark tries new tactic to woo women back into the fold with Über-mommy friendly website - paid for with your tax dollars.
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit Laila Yuile lailayuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river scott young sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Category Archives: BC NDP
The reactions to my last post on the NDP internal politics are astounding. I’ll be updating that story soon, but our good friend North Van Grumps has a great post up that is a must read. If you don’t make … Continue reading
Why ‘Renewal’ for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
“Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts. Perhaps the fear of a loss of power.” -John Steinbeck One call could have been ignored or passed off as sour grapes following the election of Craig Keating as the new BC NDP president, but then another arrived, … Continue reading
Yes, yes, yes, I know I’ve teased you with hints of the post on the BC NDP, and a couple other gems, but I’ve come down sick with a nasty head cold and cough that makes me feel like my … Continue reading
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
This week I would like to introduce you to my friend and reader, Josh Wapp, who has offered his services as a political cartoonist for my site – we all need a little humour now and then!! While Josh hasn’t … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: “Protecting farmland ensures locals can produce their own food”
In this week’s Duel, Brent and I decided to take a look at this question: Is food security a valid goal for the Agricultural Land Reserve? Brent’s wrote first this week and his column is a must read before you read … Continue reading
BC government dim sum bonds a success in Hong Kong, but give indigestion to many here in British Columbia
As Harper’s old fishing buddy Rob Ford paddled up Denial earlier this week- and continues to, very slowly of course,the ongoing gong show is like watching a train wreck in slow motion – his theatrics have provided ample cover for a … Continue reading
This week, Brent and I take a look at the recent government appointments of Gordon Wilson and Ben Stewart. This week’s topic: Are government appointments special, or should appointees go through the usual hiring process? If there is anything the … Continue reading
H/T to Rob Shaw of the Times Colonist for this list of Liberal job appointments since the May election. He’s asked in this article, that if you know of any more appointments, to email and let him know – definitely worth a … Continue reading
“I would argue that one of the issues which the public should be much more emphatic about with all politicians… is patronage, appointing people to high positions because they supported your campaign or helped you raise money.” ~ John Hickenlooper … Continue reading