- Catching up on the news after a busy morning-from the looks of #bcpoli, you can expect a blog post later...#righttoknow #FOI 18 minutes ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
JDC on Politics must not trump public… Speak up and you… on “It’s no longer enough t… North Vans Grumps on Politics must not trump public… Laila on Politics must not trump public… r on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Mike on “It’s no longer enough t…
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- A note on political patronage and cronyism.
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
Category Archives: Federal politics
Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
After another Detroit style rolling shoot-out yesterday in Newton,the last thing Surrey residents wanted to wake up to was news of more gun violence this morning- this time in North Surrey. It is little solace to anyone that todays shooting … Continue reading
This weeks duel is one that was very interesting to research and I found myself spending far more time reading different publications on a guaranteed annual income because it was so intriguing. As with many items, political will can make … Continue reading
“The thing about the Port Mann Bridge is people start using it–and they love it, because it saves so much of their time that they would otherwise be driving and they can spend with their family for example or get … Continue reading
In July Canada made it back into the UN’s top ten list of developed countries, but looking at the World Vision gift site, you might think we were a third world country. While this might shock some, the response to … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Kinder Morgan Protesters need to continue to pressure government
I’m just waiting for some further information on my promised story, so while that government department figures out what they are going to say, this is todays column! This week’s topic: Are people protesting Kinder Morgan likely to make a … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should we move to public financing for municipal election campaigns? I never thought I would see the day that any big municipal campaign would open its books and disclose whose pocket they were in prior to the actual … Continue reading
Late last week I was contacted by a new member of a local community association here in Surrey, who expressed great concern over this Tyee blog post: http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2014/09/29/Non-Profit-Attack-Petition/ Her concern of course,is that the potential for these proposed changes to be … Continue reading