- Follow @lailayuile
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
workforfun on Ottawa, this is BC calling… JDC on Ottawa, this is BC calling… R on Ottawa, this is BC calling… FRJ on Ottawa, this is BC calling… e.a.f. on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Laila on This weeks new column for 24Hr…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- Why did the BC government repeal the Weather Modification Act ?
- When wrong just doesn't begin to describe it.
Category Archives: Laila Yuile
Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
http://globalnews.ca/news/2011052/second-major-coast-guard-communications-outage-in-three-days/ “For the second time in three days, the communication system for the Coast Guard in Canada’s busiest waterway had an extended malfunction. “There was a loaded tug and barge with 86,000 barrels of diesel and gasoline going through the … Continue reading
Recently, I shared with you the news of my move from the Duel and why I made that decision-I’m thrilled at the overwhelming support from all of you in this new venture. Today, I’m happy to bring you my first … Continue reading
I’m about to give the old fingers a rest from the keyboard for the May long weekend – they’re getting a bit claw like – but there are three more stories I wanted to bring to your attention for posterity. … Continue reading
Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
On a rather mundane Thursday afternoon in April, without any press or fanfare, representatives from the Electoral Boundaries Commission conducted a public hearing in Surrey at the Guildford Sheraton Hotel. The purpose of the public hearing was to allow voters … Continue reading
Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
After another Detroit style rolling shoot-out yesterday in Newton,the last thing Surrey residents wanted to wake up to was news of more gun violence this morning- this time in North Surrey. It is little solace to anyone that todays shooting … Continue reading
While most people refer to Surrey as the suburbs, for me it’s always been ‘city life’. I hear the noise of traffic that most people might not even hear, loudly. The pace of life, the hustle, bustle and crime just … Continue reading
As someone who has known Dave Chesney for far longer than he’s been a councillor for the city of White Rock, I was as shocked and offended as anyone at the comments revealed to the press yesterday. In days gone … Continue reading
Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
Breaking news by Dave White of News 1130 yesterday, after receiving a tip on a work order given to West Vancouver residents of work on a retaining wall: VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Roughly five years after a major rebuild was completed, … Continue reading
There is a quiet,angry sadness growing over Surrey this morning and the silence speaks volumes as a family grieves and a community is left reeling. The young man murdered early Sunday was the nephew of MLA Harry Bains. And while death … Continue reading
“Because it’s no longer enough to be a decent person. It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news. True enlightened activism is the only thing that can save humanity from itself.” ― Joss … Continue reading