- O M G. Tossed in some freshly dried local cranberries- these are to die for. #foodies #bestcookieever food.com/recipe/irresis… 5 hours ago
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- The ‘real’ thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Legalize tent cities.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Overreacting to heinous acts is what the terrorists want.
- Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cops too eager to shoot.
- BC Government releases Chief Inspectors 2013 Annual Report on New Years Eve, to Lego Movie soundtrack hit “Everything is Awesome!”
- A look back at 2014 through my lens.
What people are saying
Derek on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a… misallocationofcapit… on The ‘real’ thing a… Gini on When good things happen to awe… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a…
- The 'real' thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Kiewit-General "committed willful and serious safety violations" in Washington state accident, fined $150,000
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
Category Archives: Laila Yuile
The best part of writing this blog has always been the incredible people it’s brought into my life. From diplomats to farmers, loggers to ceo’s and everything in between, the diversity of my audience has lead to long lasting friendships … Continue reading
Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
It’s interesting what pops up out of the blue sometimes. For example,Thursday morning I posted a story about Harper visiting Annacis Island to facebook. That post prompted the memory of a friend living in Vancouver, who left a comment that … Continue reading
BC Government releases Chief Inspectors 2013 Annual Report on New Years Eve, to Lego Movie soundtrack hit “Everything is Awesome!”
Yes it is true, the annual report was released at 12:01 pm, on December 31st, 2014. ( No they didn’t actually release it to the Lego movie soundtrack, but since everything is awesome it’s rather fitting ) http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2014/12/information-bulletin.html The full … Continue reading
Why venture out of this province,when we have so much to explore right on our doorstep? Here’s a look back at 2014 travels,moments and community. – most of which can be found within an hour of Vancouver. Enjoy.
For me,I will remember 2014 most for being the year I wished more than a few times, that I could magically go back to being one of those blissfully unknowing people who go about their lives paying no attention to … Continue reading
There I was, sitting late in the evening taking care of some (admittedly) very late Christmas cards, when it hit me – the expected feeling of homesickness that nevertheless slams me every year in the most unexpected manner. Arriving with … Continue reading
I’m really starting to wonder what kind of a company Loblaws is after a recent experience where I and other customers were told we could not redeem our points on the PC plus card. Time for another grocery shopping rant. … Continue reading
I missed an interesting story yesterday with my focus on waiting for the Site C announcement – I’ll have a blog post on Site C soon, but I’ve received quite a few messages asking what I think of this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/f-kill-or-marry-question-by-cfox-host-jeff-o-neil-provokes-outrage-1.2876099?cmp=rss Where to … Continue reading
Tis the season to be jolly…unless you happen to be these two pundits who are brothers when they realize it’s Mom calling to bawl them out live on C-span for bad behavior! The looks on their faces are priceless – … Continue reading
Update:79 comments and zero response from Loblaws on about to expire product discount rollback at Real Canadian Superstores across Canada
If there is one thing I have to shake my head at, it’s when a corporation can’t, or won’t take ownership of their decisions. Case in point, my recent post: http://lailayuile.com/2014/12/05/whos-the-scrooge-at-real-canadian-superstore/ Inundated with both comments and emails from readers right across … Continue reading