- Follow @lailayuile
- Stop reading this blog and go outside.
- BC Hydro says halting Site C would cost taxpayers $500 million? Not building it at all will save us over $8 billion dollars.
- “Good morning Laila, My name is Derek and I’m a very rare man.” or ” How left and right politics are fabricated.”
- Letter from a reader: “Is there anyone looking out for the interests of the general public here???”
- This weeks column for 24Hours Vancouver: BC keeps Richmond in the dark on Massey
- “The only way to change it, is to vote. People are responsible.” ~ Paul Wellstone
- The Mount Polley tailings pond disaster. What a difference a year makes…
- Summer catch-up: Last two columns for 24Hrs Vancouver.
What people are saying
Laila on Stop reading this blog and go… Mark on Stop reading this blog and go… Laila on Letter from a reader: “I… G. Barry Stewart on BC Hydro says halting Site C w… Laila on BC Hydro says halting Site C w… JDC on BC Hydro says halting Site C w…
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Stop reading this blog and go outside.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- The 'real' thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- Where Culture and Religion collide - female inequality within Indian communities
- Newton neighbourhoods still rife with prostitutes,drugs and crime - despite city's Newton Revitalization Plan
Category Archives: P3 projects in BC
It was a day like any other day of my childhood summers; quick breakfast,clothes on and then running out the door to do the morning rounds of the yard.Checking to see where all the salamanders and toads had settled for … Continue reading
When I published the photos of the conditions of just three of the 219 retaining walls on the Sea to Sky Highway last year, the Ministry of Transportation said the issue was merely cosmetic, and that the walls are inspected … Continue reading
Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
Breaking news by Dave White of News 1130 yesterday, after receiving a tip on a work order given to West Vancouver residents of work on a retaining wall: VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Roughly five years after a major rebuild was completed, … Continue reading
There’s really not much I could add to this, Damien Gillis has wrapped this up so well – I highly recommend reading this fine post. Here are some excerpts: ” …the Liberal Government excluded the public’s independent energy watchdog, the … Continue reading
Sea to Sky retaining wall questions continue as ministry employee emails indicate Kiewit inspected their own work.
With ongoing rainstorms and occasional flooding that has hit many areas on the north shore recently, water drainage and erosion is a concern to many. This of course jogged my memory to look for an update on a story I … Continue reading
Breaking news: God denies responsibility for Port Mann Bridge ice bombs, files defamation suit against Kiewit and Transportation Investment Corporation
In an ironic twist, I was in the middle of chasing down another Kiewit story when the extraordinary news broke that the Port Mann Bridge ice bombs were an act of God. http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2014/07/28/ice-bombs-called-act-of-god I’m not kidding. Transportation Investment Corporation ( … Continue reading
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
I was happy to see Vaughn Palmers column today, because his readership far exceeds mine and this story really needs to be read by all British Columbians. He also gives a tip of the hat to a December 21st blog … Continue reading
BC Liberals pat themselves on the back over SFPR ‘highway’ opening a year late and $464 million over budget
I’ll give the BC Liberals this: they sure know how to crank out a photo-op and they know how to spin a deuce into silk and make it look like they invented it. Case in point, the grand opening the of much … Continue reading