- RT @JeremyJNuttall: The Tyee – China Leak: Charged Man Had No Security Clearance, Says Exec thetyee.ca/News/2013/12/0… via @TheTyee #BCpoli 2 days ago
- A must read. Right now.
- Why ‘Renewal’ for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
- This week’s column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Changing the rules doesn’t make LNG ‘clean’ energy
- Silence is the ultimate weapon of power. -Charles de Gaulle
- Welcoming the artistic endeavors of illustrator and cartoonist Josh Wapp, to LailaYuile.com
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: “Protecting farmland ensures locals can produce their own food”
- BC government dim sum bonds a success in Hong Kong, but give indigestion to many here in British Columbia
- The only thing you need to know about Justin Trudeau ~ your amuse bouche before this mornings ‘big breakfast’ post coming shortly
What people are saying
Gary Young on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Rob on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Lynn Perry on Why ‘Renewal’ for… cherylb on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Gary Young on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Gary Young on Why ‘Renewal’ for…
- Why 'Renewal' for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
- A must read. Right now.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- “No secrecy, no business.” ~Toba Beta
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- " Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. ~attributed to a very wise 7-year-old named Bobby
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit Laila Yuile lailayuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river scott young sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Category Archives: P3 projects in BC
The reactions to my last post on the NDP internal politics are astounding. I’ll be updating that story soon, but our good friend North Van Grumps has a great post up that is a must read. If you don’t make … Continue reading
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
Fraser Surrey Docks believes in expansion Surrey Docks (FSD) has listened carefully to community concerns and has enhanced an already safe project by eliminating the stockpiling of coal, re-spraying the coal on the trains before they cross the border into … Continue reading
On November 7th, 2011, I wrote of my shock that Sean Holman was shutting down Public Eye Online. http://lailayuile.com/2011/11/07/a-time-to-mourn-what-will-become-of-independent-journalism/ Because I had often looked to Sean as inspiration for what I also wanted to do, to say that my heart … Continue reading
Time to support independent media, Take II ( and in other breaking news, there will be no fall sitting of the Legislature)
Let’s try this again… Last weekend, I blogged about the creation of a donations page to support the work on my site. Within moments of receiving the first two donations, my Paypal account was restricted after being reported fraudulent. 3 days later my account has … Continue reading
Updated with readers photos of their BC** I’m not saying that it’s going to be easy…. I AM saying it is going to be worth it. The future is yours if you rise to the challenge.
I grew up on moose meat, and the yearly fall hunt was as important as most city folk consider their tax refunds if they are so lucky. I’ve known the scent and feeling of hunting, of knowing what walked before … Continue reading
One of the best graphic images: The Election Web ( would the person who created this contact me for due credit?)
I started getting hits from this link today, and would love to both share it with all of you: http://www.thewebworks.bc.ca/bcpoli/htmlwebs/the_election_web_v1.0.htm I would really love to hear from whoever created this amazing web that tells a story so much better than even … Continue reading
Gwyn Morgan, a “retired Businessman who lives in the Greater Victoria Region.”, penned an article in the Alberni Valley News yesterday. http://www.albernivalleynews.com/opinion/206277021.html?fb_comment_id=fbc_156711017836202_280258_157028854471085#f6ac7ecd047de Here is an excerpt: We also need to focus on balancing the provincial budget, rather than taking money away from … Continue reading
Our good friends over at Deep Rogue Ram, have done it again, this time with a Dan Murphy classic. Give the man a round of applause please!
“BC Liberal Legacy: A Huge Debt Burden” ( aka, Christy Clark really has no clue what she is talking about)
By now most of you will have heard of the soon to be departed premiers performance on CKNW this morning. It was stunning. If I had to name that hour I would call it ” How not to lie your way out … Continue reading