- RT @theprovince: Paradise Valley residents vow to fight water plan for proposed resort north of Squamish theprov.in/1J356E6 http://t.co… 29 minutes ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Politics must not trump public safety - It's time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Why I am (still) voting No in the Transit tax vote
Category Archives: P3 projects in BC
When I published the photos of the conditions of just three of the 219 retaining walls on the Sea to Sky Highway last year, the Ministry of Transportation said the issue was merely cosmetic, and that the walls are inspected … Continue reading
Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
Breaking news by Dave White of News 1130 yesterday, after receiving a tip on a work order given to West Vancouver residents of work on a retaining wall: VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Roughly five years after a major rebuild was completed, … Continue reading
There’s really not much I could add to this, Damien Gillis has wrapped this up so well – I highly recommend reading this fine post. Here are some excerpts: ” …the Liberal Government excluded the public’s independent energy watchdog, the … Continue reading
Sea to Sky retaining wall questions continue as ministry employee emails indicate Kiewit inspected their own work.
With ongoing rainstorms and occasional flooding that has hit many areas on the north shore recently, water drainage and erosion is a concern to many. This of course jogged my memory to look for an update on a story I … Continue reading
Breaking news: God denies responsibility for Port Mann Bridge ice bombs, files defamation suit against Kiewit and Transportation Investment Corporation
In an ironic twist, I was in the middle of chasing down another Kiewit story when the extraordinary news broke that the Port Mann Bridge ice bombs were an act of God. http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2014/07/28/ice-bombs-called-act-of-god I’m not kidding. Transportation Investment Corporation ( … Continue reading
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
I was happy to see Vaughn Palmers column today, because his readership far exceeds mine and this story really needs to be read by all British Columbians. He also gives a tip of the hat to a December 21st blog … Continue reading
BC Liberals pat themselves on the back over SFPR ‘highway’ opening a year late and $464 million over budget
I’ll give the BC Liberals this: they sure know how to crank out a photo-op and they know how to spin a deuce into silk and make it look like they invented it. Case in point, the grand opening the of much … Continue reading
In honour of an upcoming story on SNC-Lavalin I’ll have for you soon..