- RT @HuffPostBC: This B.C. dad is going blind — but first, there's one thing he wants to do for his family huff.to/1IlteNs http://t.c… 2 hours ago
- “The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things…” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
What people are saying
Laila on “The art of being happy,… nonconfidencevote on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… luigi on “It’s not what you… Laila on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,…
- "The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Terasen Gas and BC Hydro kill me with their billing.
Category Archives: Enbridge
It was a day like any other day of my childhood summers; quick breakfast,clothes on and then running out the door to do the morning rounds of the yard.Checking to see where all the salamanders and toads had settled for … Continue reading
“Civil society depends on all of us deciding we’re all going to abide by the same laws.” ~ Premier Christy Clark
Premier Christy Clark is in the limelight again, after a recent interview with Mike Smyth where she decried the parents who allowed their children to cross the Kinder Morgan pipeline during the protests- you can hear Mike speaking about this … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should proposed new rules be enacted allowing B.C. non-profit societies to be taken to court? Make no mistake, the legislative changes to the Society Act proposed by the B.C. government are not about keeping registered societies accountable and … Continue reading
Late last week I was contacted by a new member of a local community association here in Surrey, who expressed great concern over this Tyee blog post: http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2014/09/29/Non-Profit-Attack-Petition/ Her concern of course,is that the potential for these proposed changes to be … Continue reading
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
“It is always more easy to discover and proclaim general principles than to apply them.” ~ Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
In following the discussion and commentary on social media in the hours leading up to an announcement from the federal government on Northern Gateway, one thing is clear: there is an elephant in the room that no one wants to … Continue reading
An interesting read by Matthew Millar from the Vancouver Observer: Premier Christy Clark partnered in Enbridge Lobbying Firm
Matthew does some great work, a must follow if you don’t already. Here is an excerpt… B.C. Premier Christy Clark was a partner in a lobbying firm that was contracted by Enbridge and which lobbied the federal government on the company’s … Continue reading