- Admittedly jealous over all these whale sightings reported! Despite many trips around Howe Sound & the Salish sea, whales have eluded me. 3 hours ago
- “The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things…” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
What people are saying
Laila on “The art of being happy,… nonconfidencevote on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… luigi on “It’s not what you… Laila on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,…
- "The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- "The more that government becomes secret, the less it becomes free." ~ James Russell Wiggins
- The world according to Christy Clark. Keep your ibuprofen handy
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
Category Archives: forestry
“There were at least 21 fires that started in British Columbia on Sunday. There were 36 Saturday. There were 32 Friday. There are 178 burning right now. A haze blankets the majority of people in B.C., as winds bring smoke … Continue reading
It was a day like any other day of my childhood summers; quick breakfast,clothes on and then running out the door to do the morning rounds of the yard.Checking to see where all the salamanders and toads had settled for … Continue reading
“Civil society depends on all of us deciding we’re all going to abide by the same laws.” ~ Premier Christy Clark
Premier Christy Clark is in the limelight again, after a recent interview with Mike Smyth where she decried the parents who allowed their children to cross the Kinder Morgan pipeline during the protests- you can hear Mike speaking about this … Continue reading
As a northern girl born and raised just north of Prince George, I can tell you firsthand how important first response to a wildfire situation is, just as many British Columbians are saying now. Once a fire is reported and … Continue reading
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
Why a truly independent investigation is needed into the Babine Forest Products tragic explosion – courtesy of Blog Borg Collective.
http://blogborgcollective.blogspot.ca/2014/01/why-not-openly-share-worksafebc-reports.html Documents available in the public, BC legislative library today, as revealed by Blog Borg Collective, show details of the Babine Lake mills explosion accident investigation – bringing even greater questions and increasing the need for a fully independent investigation into the lack … Continue reading
With the news of the National Energy Boards joint review panel recommendation of approval of the Northern Gateway Pipeline Proposal, it might be hard for many to imagine that so many people have been worried about this for years… and … Continue reading
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
This week I would like to introduce you to my friend and reader, Josh Wapp, who has offered his services as a political cartoonist for my site – we all need a little humour now and then!! While Josh hasn’t … Continue reading