- RT @PortMoodyPD: Report of a disturbance involving liquor and people rolling around on the grass. The liquor part may have been obvious th… 9 hours ago
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- The ‘real’ thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Legalize tent cities.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Overreacting to heinous acts is what the terrorists want.
- Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cops too eager to shoot.
- BC Government releases Chief Inspectors 2013 Annual Report on New Years Eve, to Lego Movie soundtrack hit “Everything is Awesome!”
- A look back at 2014 through my lens.
What people are saying
Derek on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a… misallocationofcapit… on The ‘real’ thing a… Gini on When good things happen to awe… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a…
- The 'real' thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Things that make you go "Hmmmmm..."; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- City of Surreys corporate interests vs. the will and well-being of the people
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
Category Archives: forestry
“Civil society depends on all of us deciding we’re all going to abide by the same laws.” ~ Premier Christy Clark
Premier Christy Clark is in the limelight again, after a recent interview with Mike Smyth where she decried the parents who allowed their children to cross the Kinder Morgan pipeline during the protests- you can hear Mike speaking about this … Continue reading
As a northern girl born and raised just north of Prince George, I can tell you firsthand how important first response to a wildfire situation is, just as many British Columbians are saying now. Once a fire is reported and … Continue reading
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
Why a truly independent investigation is needed into the Babine Forest Products tragic explosion – courtesy of Blog Borg Collective.
http://blogborgcollective.blogspot.ca/2014/01/why-not-openly-share-worksafebc-reports.html Documents available in the public, BC legislative library today, as revealed by Blog Borg Collective, show details of the Babine Lake mills explosion accident investigation – bringing even greater questions and increasing the need for a fully independent investigation into the lack … Continue reading
With the news of the National Energy Boards joint review panel recommendation of approval of the Northern Gateway Pipeline Proposal, it might be hard for many to imagine that so many people have been worried about this for years… and … Continue reading
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
This week I would like to introduce you to my friend and reader, Josh Wapp, who has offered his services as a political cartoonist for my site – we all need a little humour now and then!! While Josh hasn’t … Continue reading
The winner of last week’s duel on the Senate was Brent Stafford with 51%. This week’s topic: Should the government be allowed to spy on your phone calls and email? As I watched the public reaction following the revelations of … Continue reading
“Hark, now hear the sailors cry, smell the sea, and feel the sky,let your soul & spirit fly, into the mystic…” ~Van Morrison
For regular followers and subscribers, it’s been a while since I posted on the blog, other than my column. Following the election, I have needed a time to regroup, to reassess my own goals and aspirations and take some down time… well … Continue reading