- Love this! Far too much food is wasted:imperfect fruits & veg,soon to expire items.We need to follow France on this twitter.com/HuffPostBC/sta… 3 hours ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- Time to ask why Kiewit keeps getting the bids.. even when things go wrong. A story within a story.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
Category Archives: Independent power projects
Wise words for many policy makers who often seem to demonstrate a lack of empathy and understanding of how the real world works for the average person, perhaps because they spend more time behind their desk than out and about … Continue reading
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: BC Hydro hasn’t made a convincing case for pushing costly dam onto taxpayers
Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program was Laila with 71%. This week’s topic: Considering the results of the Joint Review Panel … Continue reading
Yes, yes, yes, I know I’ve teased you with hints of the post on the BC NDP, and a couple other gems, but I’ve come down sick with a nasty head cold and cough that makes me feel like my … Continue reading
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
BC government dim sum bonds a success in Hong Kong, but give indigestion to many here in British Columbia
As Harper’s old fishing buddy Rob Ford paddled up Denial earlier this week- and continues to, very slowly of course,the ongoing gong show is like watching a train wreck in slow motion – his theatrics have provided ample cover for a … Continue reading
The winner of last week’s duel on the Senate was Brent Stafford with 51%. This week’s topic: Should the government be allowed to spy on your phone calls and email? As I watched the public reaction following the revelations of … Continue reading
“Hark, now hear the sailors cry, smell the sea, and feel the sky,let your soul & spirit fly, into the mystic…” ~Van Morrison
For regular followers and subscribers, it’s been a while since I posted on the blog, other than my column. Following the election, I have needed a time to regroup, to reassess my own goals and aspirations and take some down time… well … Continue reading