- Flowers that only release their scent at night? It's a good thing... 47 minutes ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Politics must not trump public safety - It's time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with 'Gracie's Finger' references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- Why I am (still) voting No in the Transit tax vote
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
Tag Archives: bc ndp
I’m about to give the old fingers a rest from the keyboard for the May long weekend – they’re getting a bit claw like – but there are three more stories I wanted to bring to your attention for posterity. … Continue reading
Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
Breaking news by Dave White of News 1130 yesterday, after receiving a tip on a work order given to West Vancouver residents of work on a retaining wall: VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Roughly five years after a major rebuild was completed, … Continue reading
In the true spirit of giving, the Clark government gives Petronas and other corporate giants the holiday gift every gas producer wants.
“Civil society depends on all of us deciding we’re all going to abide by the same laws.” ~ Premier Christy Clark
Premier Christy Clark is in the limelight again, after a recent interview with Mike Smyth where she decried the parents who allowed their children to cross the Kinder Morgan pipeline during the protests- you can hear Mike speaking about this … Continue reading
This week`s topic: Is the NDP’s support of the BC Liberal’s LNG Tax Legislation good for B.C.? If our readers could listen into the weekly calls Brent and I schedule to decide on a Duel topic, they’d get an earful. … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should the Lower Mainland become a mega-city like Toronto with one election for the entire region? Brent is right on the money when he states: “What an election!” For politicos, there’s no bigger rush than election night – … Continue reading
Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
It was back in January 2014, following the death of Julie Paskall, that both Mayor Watts and the NDP renewed calls for a community court in Surrey. Watts met with Attorney General Susan Anton in February, where it was agreed … Continue reading