- Follow @lailayuile
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
- One tough question for the BC Government
- Imperial Metals president Bryan Kynoch says he would drink the tailings pond water….
What people are saying
North Vans Grumps on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Debbie McBride on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Evil Eye on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Evil Eye on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Evil Eye on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To…
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- “No secrecy, no business.” ~Toba Beta
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
- "You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams.
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: bc politics
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
There were no winners in last week’s duel, and as I suspected, Syria has already faded from discussion for many people in favour of whatever outrage has their attention this week. For the people of Syria, there is no win. … Continue reading
As a mother, I looked forward to September this year with a mixture of anticipation and of regret, for the youngest of my children was about to enter the public school system. I say anticipation because for many years I … Continue reading
“Whipped: the secret world of party discipline.” A documentary about the secret world of party discipline, which forces MLAs to vote against their constituents and even their own conscience.
Hold onto your hats everyone, Election 2013 just took a twist. Sean Holman, formerly of Public Eye Online, is about to première his stunning new documentary, and in doing so may change the way British Columbians view party politics – and … Continue reading
“In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.” – Matt Taibbi
Leave it to Matt Taibbi to peg it bang on : Organized greed always, always,defeats disorganized democracy. So get on it people! Organize yourselves! For that reason I am about to embark on an intensive work weekend during which I’ll … Continue reading
The talented folks at Deep Rogue Ram have done it again : “BC Premier Christy Clark faces off against her critics, her constituents and her nemesis Alison Redford on a raucous cross-province road trip. If you’re sitting at the legislature, … Continue reading
I’ve been spending some time this weekend doing some housecleaning on the site here, with the intention of making it easer for you, the reader, to find what you are looking for in the vast volumes of material posted. Since the birth … Continue reading
While the talk around the province yesterday seemed to be centered on the news that the BC government finally admitted there is no bloody way to stick to the deficit numbers Campbell was flogging during his campaign, there was something … Continue reading
***** UPDATED JUNE 26TH, 3 PM. It has been brought to our attention that perhaps the actual date that may be used for the purposes of activating any clause could be as early as July 2nd, 2009. Here is some info … Continue reading
Campbell government orders ministry officials to suppress damaging welfare statistics during the election
Transparency? This is the Campbell administrations idea of transparency…. Freedom of Information documents show that the Public Affairs Bureau ordered ministry officials to suppress the routine release of welfare statistics during the election this year, likely because the numbers did not … Continue reading