- Follow @lailayuile
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… Davie Chesney on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you… ” It’s n… on Cariboo poetry
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Why did the BC government repeal the Weather Modification Act ?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- Legal Aid funds diverted by BC Government in excess of $100 million dollars. Legal? Yes. Moral or right? No.
Tag Archives: bc politics
Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
There were two things on my TV agenda last night : the season première of Deadliest Catch, and the Alberta election. Flipping back and forth on commercial breaks, once the news that an NDP majority was being called by media, … Continue reading
This week, Brent and I take on one particular change to the Election Amendment act that all political parties in BC support: Should a list of all people who voted in B.C. elections be provided to political parties? When I … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should the Lower Mainland become a mega-city like Toronto with one election for the entire region? Brent is right on the money when he states: “What an election!” For politicos, there’s no bigger rush than election night – … Continue reading
It’s been the worst luck – or the best depending on your perspective – that the lingering night cough and laryngitis from the cold I had in the end of October, has kept me from actively blogging as much as … Continue reading
Just this last summer, I discovered one of the few remaining gems in B.C., one I happily admit I will only share the location of with my trusted friends. What more could you possibly want from this province? Stunning hills … Continue reading
There were no winners in last week’s duel, and as I suspected, Syria has already faded from discussion for many people in favour of whatever outrage has their attention this week. For the people of Syria, there is no win. … Continue reading
“Whipped: the secret world of party discipline.” A documentary about the secret world of party discipline, which forces MLAs to vote against their constituents and even their own conscience.
Hold onto your hats everyone, Election 2013 just took a twist. Sean Holman, formerly of Public Eye Online, is about to première his stunning new documentary, and in doing so may change the way British Columbians view party politics – and … Continue reading
“In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.” – Matt Taibbi
Leave it to Matt Taibbi to peg it bang on : Organized greed always, always,defeats disorganized democracy. So get on it people! Organize yourselves! For that reason I am about to embark on an intensive work weekend during which I’ll … Continue reading
The talented folks at Deep Rogue Ram have done it again : “BC Premier Christy Clark faces off against her critics, her constituents and her nemesis Alison Redford on a raucous cross-province road trip. If you’re sitting at the legislature, … Continue reading