- RT @SoniaSAslam: HEADS UP: Jon Stewart's last day hosting @TheDailyShow will be August 6th. 1 hour ago
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
- “Home isn’t always where you live,but where they understand you:The passing of Ben Meisner “
What people are saying
North Vans Grumps on Denial, deflect, discredit. nonconfidencevote on Denial, deflect, discredit. Jack Hackett on Denial, deflect, discredit. John's Aghast on Denial, deflect, discredit. Don F. on Denial, deflect, discredit. Drew Chisholm on Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Introducing... the new Canucks Bra!!
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
Tag Archives: Bc Rail
Rerun of April 11,2009: “The Kinsella Connection” – It’s no secret that Patrick Kinsella is one of Gordon Campbell’s closest friends…(or Christy Clarks)
*** technical issues nearly resolved- China is a formidable foe! Or, at least their hackers are…however, in homage to the recent Rich Coleman /Patrick Kinsella / liquor distribution branch debacle – and yes it is a repeat of everything we … Continue reading
Christina Joan Clark(e) – and her former husband, Liberal power player Mark Marissen – have both been named as defendants in a long-standing supreme court civil action, and were scheduled to stand in a 2 day trial by judge September 28th, 2011. However, an order for adjournment was … Continue reading
BC government pulls $40 million worth of promises out of provincial budget- yet no money to hire new staff for Jimmy Pattison Outpatient /Christy Clark photo op.
Here is a conundrum, and tell me what you think, and how you feel about this. I am all for job creation in BC, I really am, in particular in trades, but today the BC government pulled $40 million of promises … Continue reading
” Circumstances do not make the man… they reveal him.” ~ James Allen, former defence minister of New Zealand
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.. what does this one tell you? ( And a reminder to scroll down and read the HST agreements that the government would rather you not see, and how far they would … Continue reading
Canada’s New (really) High Commissioner in the UK Gordon Muir Campbell (former ‘High’ Comishn’r in Hawaii) Credit: Ivana C. Justice.
In CBC this morning: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/06/21/bc-basi-virk-auditor-general.html B.C.’s auditor general is going to the province’s Supreme Court to get information about defence costs related to the Basi Virk corruption trial. John Doyle filed a petition Tuesday seeking an order for access to records … Continue reading
” Looking beyond…to future P3 projects, there is a need for stronger public accountability requirements.” ~ Office of the Auditor General of B.C.
No kidding. With the recent combination of distractions revolving around strata president duties, my sons highschool graduation and my garden, a very important report I have waited on nearly escaped my attention. I say nearly, because thanks to a wonderful reader who knows I have … Continue reading
Politics, n: [Poly “many” + tics “blood-sucking parasites”] ~Larry Hardiman Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil’s Dictionary,1911 Politics is the gentle art of … Continue reading
I received this from a dear man and reader, Ray Eagle, who so kindly shares with all of us this letter he recently sent to Christy Clark. Dare I say… it is hard to soar like an Eagle when governed … Continue reading
Never would you find a more fitting quotation to apply to our newly unelected Premier’s cabinet appointments. Just because everything is different, doesn’t mean anything has actually changed at all. I, like many others, watched the live feed of yesterday’s undemocratic … Continue reading