- Grew up in a family where all worked in forestry/trades & my eldest son does now too.Todays #dayofmourning has special meaning for me. 20 minutes ago
- “…the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards….”
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
What people are saying
Laila on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on ‘Our posterity will wond… North Vans Grumps on “…the contractor w… JDC on “…the contractor w… nonconfidencevote on “…the contractor w… Scotty on Denman on “…the contractor w…
- "...the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards...."
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
Tag Archives: british columbia
As a northern girl born and raised just north of Prince George, I can tell you firsthand how important first response to a wildfire situation is, just as many British Columbians are saying now. Once a fire is reported and … Continue reading
Should British Columbians look to Alberta’s upstart ‘Wildrose Alliance Party’ for political inspiration ?
“Every 30 or 40 years, we get tired of the government that’s in power and we sweep them out and we look to a new alternative. I think we have an opportunity to catch one of those historic waves. —Danielle … Continue reading
A huge shout out to my favorite paramedic for sending this abso-freaking-lutely hilarious rant my way, as Erica Sigurdson, one of the hosts of The CityNews List delivers a few hard rights to health Minister Kevin Falcon, about his handling of the BC … Continue reading
But again, it’s gone as fast as it appeared. Mother Nature is nothing but a tease. This was the view that greets me from my bedroom window everyday during the fair months, and rarely it seems, since November arrived. On … Continue reading
Order to delete government emails requested in the BC Rail hearings was given in May – during the provincial election
Is the house of cards some say has been built by Premier Gordon Campbell beginning to shake? All I know, is that the term ” obstruction of justice” has been floating around all morning… Read all about the “politically explosive” affidavit filed … Continue reading