- Our duel this week is online now as we debate if the No side's argument is persuasive-I say it is! #bcpoli vancouver.24hrs.ca/2015/01/25/the… #surreybc 42 minutes ago
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- The ‘real’ thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Legalize tent cities.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Overreacting to heinous acts is what the terrorists want.
- Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cops too eager to shoot.
- BC Government releases Chief Inspectors 2013 Annual Report on New Years Eve, to Lego Movie soundtrack hit “Everything is Awesome!”
- A look back at 2014 through my lens.
What people are saying
John's Aghast on The ‘real’ thing a… RS on The ‘real’ thing a… workforfun on The ‘real’ thing a… Derek on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a…
- The 'real' thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Things that make you go "Hmmmmm..."; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- City of Surreys corporate interests vs. the will and well-being of the people
Tag Archives: canada
In July Canada made it back into the UN’s top ten list of developed countries, but looking at the World Vision gift site, you might think we were a third world country. While this might shock some, the response to … Continue reading
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the soldier shot and killed this morning while on service in Ottawa this morning – my deepest condolences. http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/soldier-killed-at-national-war-memorial-identified-1.2065980?hootPostID=50a6907fb7f84ff0824b1d455587eb2c My thoughts are also with all parliamentarians, staff, friends and colleagues who experienced … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
The only thing you need to know about Justin Trudeau ~ your amuse bouche before this mornings ‘big breakfast’ post coming shortly
The National Bureau Chief for Sun Media is David Akin, of whom I am unabashedly a big fan. Why, Sun Media haters might ask? Because besides the fact that he was more often than not, the only journalist out there holding Christy … Continue reading
“Most in your arena see soldiers as part of the “SYSTEM” ‘soldier’ or ‘troops’ are words often used in the media in times of turmoil……only during this time of year do we, as a nation, take a step back and reflect on the … Continue reading
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near” ~Sun Tzu( otherwise known as Rant #1 – there is another one coming)
“Only one thing to it: a strong stomach. The guts to gladhand a man you’re going to stab in the back; pledge allegiance to principles you stomp on every day; righteously denounce some despot in the press and sell him … Continue reading
It was just over a year ago I first wrote about Chinese companies who allegedly couldn’t find one single skilled worker in Canada to staff their mines up north… http://lailayuile.com/2011/10/04/if-you-build-them-mines-they-will-come-workers-from-china/ Of course, this week the outrage begins anew with news … Continue reading
http://www.greenparty.ca/media-release/2012-06-29/harper-s-disdain-canada-exposed-washington-our-embassy-ignores-july-1-celeb OTTAWA – As Canadians across the country mark Canada Day with pride, the Canadian embassy in Washington, D.C., is doing nothing to mark our country’s 145th birthday. And yet, on July 4, guests have been invited to our embassy … Continue reading
Tonight, I have two special items for you, at least special to me because of where they came from, and why. They both concern Canada. Our country – for some like myself, a birthright, for others a choice to find a better … Continue reading