- @pablo069eh Yes! Looks like the same one a friend has in her yard. Smells strongly of orange and always covered in bees. 2 hours ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Politics must not trump public safety - It's time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Why I am (still) voting No in the Transit tax vote
- Why 'Renewal' for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
Tag Archives: carol james
From a good friend and reader, I received a link this morning to a story that ran in The Star this week. Here’s an excerpt: Tax collectors get $45K severance, keep jobs ( link embedded) More than 1,250 Ontario tax collectors … Continue reading
I’ve got to hand it to the BC Liberals. I really thought they had already reached the height of insincerity and mock concern during their time in power, but alas, they have bested even themselves! Yes, a new pinnacle of hypocrisy has been attained, coming … Continue reading
You know what? There is so much to talk about that is making my blood boil that I did not even need to turn the furnace on this morning. So, without the usual chatty preamble, I’m going to start with the closure … Continue reading
Make it real. Make it happen. Fight for yourself, and your province, at a Fight the HST rally near you.
Generally, I’m more inclined to use the power of my words to protest and fight the many injustices forced upon us by the current out of control Liberal government, rather than run around carrying signs and protesting. The prospect of … Continue reading
The key to the BC Rail sale lies in Premier Gordon Campbells beginnings in real estate and land development.
One must never forget that first and foremost, Gordon Campbell is a real estate man – his past and beginnings were as a developer, and at no time when dealing with him and his administration should that be forgotten. Not … Continue reading
***** UPDATED JUNE 26TH, 3 PM. It has been brought to our attention that perhaps the actual date that may be used for the purposes of activating any clause could be as early as July 2nd, 2009. Here is some info … Continue reading
Campbell government orders ministry officials to suppress damaging welfare statistics during the election
Transparency? This is the Campbell administrations idea of transparency…. Freedom of Information documents show that the Public Affairs Bureau ordered ministry officials to suppress the routine release of welfare statistics during the election this year, likely because the numbers did not … Continue reading
After taking some time off over the last 10 days, I return to the real world under protest. Nothing like a departure from all things modern and obtrusive to put some perspective back into your life, which is how I … Continue reading
I found the quotes that follow this bit, some time ago, while reading about Theodore Roosevelt’s life in politics. He is famous for some of his speeches and talks, and although the world has changed drastically since his time on earth, … Continue reading
” This is a powerful new documentary about the campaign to protect the last old-growth forests and forestry jobs on Vancouver Island and BC’s South Coast….” “See spectacular images of the enormous ancient trees, giant stumps and clearcuts, and the … Continue reading