- RT @headlinesnow: @MayorWatts and Eileen Mohan at the opening of the Youth Strengths Conference #kpu #surreybc #actingtogether http://t.co/… 7 hours ago
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: B.C. government lets industry run wild
- “INVEST IN RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT.GET A NICE RETURN”
- BC Wildfire information and resources
- “The short memories of the voters is what keeps our politicians in office” ~ Will Rogers
- Guest post: “Vote Wisely in the next election”
- “Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.” Ambrose Bierce
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Not enough Bang for Olympic Buck!!
What people are saying
r on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… R on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… G. Barry Stewart on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… r on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… e.a.f. on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… Curt on Guest post: “Vote Wisely…
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- At what point is the government going to step in and say: "Enough is enough."?
- The key to the BC Rail sale lies in Premier Gordon Campbells beginnings in real estate and land development.
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Guest post: "Vote Wisely in the next election"
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: carol james
From a good friend and reader, I received a link this morning to a story that ran in The Star this week. Here’s an excerpt: Tax collectors get $45K severance, keep jobs ( link embedded) More than 1,250 Ontario tax collectors … Continue reading
I’ve got to hand it to the BC Liberals. I really thought they had already reached the height of insincerity and mock concern during their time in power, but alas, they have bested even themselves! Yes, a new pinnacle of hypocrisy has been attained, coming … Continue reading
You know what? There is so much to talk about that is making my blood boil that I did not even need to turn the furnace on this morning. So, without the usual chatty preamble, I’m going to start with the closure … Continue reading
Make it real. Make it happen. Fight for yourself, and your province, at a Fight the HST rally near you.
Generally, I’m more inclined to use the power of my words to protest and fight the many injustices forced upon us by the current out of control Liberal government, rather than run around carrying signs and protesting. The prospect of … Continue reading
The key to the BC Rail sale lies in Premier Gordon Campbells beginnings in real estate and land development.
One must never forget that first and foremost, Gordon Campbell is a real estate man – his past and beginnings were as a developer, and at no time when dealing with him and his administration should that be forgotten. Not … Continue reading
***** UPDATED JUNE 26TH, 3 PM. It has been brought to our attention that perhaps the actual date that may be used for the purposes of activating any clause could be as early as July 2nd, 2009. Here is some info … Continue reading
Campbell government orders ministry officials to suppress damaging welfare statistics during the election
Transparency? This is the Campbell administrations idea of transparency…. Freedom of Information documents show that the Public Affairs Bureau ordered ministry officials to suppress the routine release of welfare statistics during the election this year, likely because the numbers did not … Continue reading
After taking some time off over the last 10 days, I return to the real world under protest. Nothing like a departure from all things modern and obtrusive to put some perspective back into your life, which is how I … Continue reading
I found the quotes that follow this bit, some time ago, while reading about Theodore Roosevelt’s life in politics. He is famous for some of his speeches and talks, and although the world has changed drastically since his time on earth, … Continue reading
” This is a powerful new documentary about the campaign to protect the last old-growth forests and forestry jobs on Vancouver Island and BC’s South Coast….” “See spectacular images of the enormous ancient trees, giant stumps and clearcuts, and the … Continue reading