- RT @SoniaSAslam: HEADS UP: Jon Stewart's last day hosting @TheDailyShow will be August 6th. 1 hour ago
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
- “Home isn’t always where you live,but where they understand you:The passing of Ben Meisner “
What people are saying
North Vans Grumps on Denial, deflect, discredit. nonconfidencevote on Denial, deflect, discredit. Jack Hackett on Denial, deflect, discredit. John's Aghast on Denial, deflect, discredit. Don F. on Denial, deflect, discredit. Drew Chisholm on Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Introducing... the new Canucks Bra!!
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
Tag Archives: china
There’s a number of stories I’m working on for next week, but for today, here are a few things to read on your Sunday coffee break. The BC governments move into the Renminbi market last year should be news again … Continue reading
Yes, yes, yes, I know I’ve teased you with hints of the post on the BC NDP, and a couple other gems, but I’ve come down sick with a nasty head cold and cough that makes me feel like my … Continue reading
This week I would like to introduce you to my friend and reader, Josh Wapp, who has offered his services as a political cartoonist for my site – we all need a little humour now and then!! While Josh hasn’t … Continue reading
BC government dim sum bonds a success in Hong Kong, but give indigestion to many here in British Columbia
As Harper’s old fishing buddy Rob Ford paddled up Denial earlier this week- and continues to, very slowly of course,the ongoing gong show is like watching a train wreck in slow motion – his theatrics have provided ample cover for a … Continue reading
The only thing you need to know about Justin Trudeau ~ your amuse bouche before this mornings ‘big breakfast’ post coming shortly
The National Bureau Chief for Sun Media is David Akin, of whom I am unabashedly a big fan. Why, Sun Media haters might ask? Because besides the fact that he was more often than not, the only journalist out there holding Christy … Continue reading
The hypocrisy of Stephen Harper’s recent announcement that he would be boycotting the big grand poo-bah’s summit in Sri Lanka next month is stunning. The lack of comment on it thus far, even more so. According to reports from overseas: ” Canada … Continue reading
While everyone is up in arms over the story of a Chinese reporter being denied the right to ask questions of Harper following some sort of shoving incident, perhaps what is a far more important story of Sino-Canadian relations has gone … Continue reading
At long last! Finally, a break for me, means a post for you, later today… For now, enjoy some lovely, pointed Christmas humour from Rick Mercer.
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near” ~Sun Tzu( otherwise known as Rant #1 – there is another one coming)
“Only one thing to it: a strong stomach. The guts to gladhand a man you’re going to stab in the back; pledge allegiance to principles you stomp on every day; righteously denounce some despot in the press and sell him … Continue reading
It was just over a year ago I first wrote about Chinese companies who allegedly couldn’t find one single skilled worker in Canada to staff their mines up north… http://lailayuile.com/2011/10/04/if-you-build-them-mines-they-will-come-workers-from-china/ Of course, this week the outrage begins anew with news … Continue reading