- "He who has a garden and a library wants for nothing” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero http://t.co/28B4bn8rzB 8 hours ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Time to ask why Kiewit keeps getting the bids.. even when things go wrong. A story within a story.
- Media Weary victim,Colleen Preston, breaks her silence momentarily, exclusively on LailaYuile.wordpress.com.
Tag Archives: city of surrey
* Update April 3rd,2015 I received a reply from Jess Dhillon, head of Acquisitions & Development at Redekop Development Corp and I followed up with a phone call where we talked more in depth. This is his response: “Hi Laila, … Continue reading
Countdown to Surrey Votes 2014: “The only people truly bound by campaign promises are the voters who believe them.” ― Christopher Hitchens
I admit it, I’m more than a bit cynical when it comes to elections in general. Why? Because while countries overseas will riot,march by thousands in the streets and overthrow governments simply to have a free election and exercise the … Continue reading
An update to the story I posted yesterday that warmed everyone’s hearts is developing. In speaking with Erin Schulte just now, she said a member of the group received a phone call from Fraser Health this morning to contact them. … Continue reading
“Compassion is not just feeling with someone, but seeking to change the situation. Frequently people think compassion and love are merely sentimental. No! They are very demanding. If you are going to be compassionate, be prepared for action!” Desmond Tutu … Continue reading
Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
It was back in January 2014, following the death of Julie Paskall, that both Mayor Watts and the NDP renewed calls for a community court in Surrey. Watts met with Attorney General Susan Anton in February, where it was agreed … Continue reading
The wonderful Jude Hannah of ReNewton Nation posted a blog post recently that has been picked up by the Surrey Now and run as a column: “Newton’s crisis is now an opportunity” . In her column, Jude speaks to the horror … Continue reading
I know many of you are waiting impatiently for my new post on a major issue involving one of my favorite contractors, but after reading something in a news story here in Surrey, I couldn’t let this pass. Former Liberal … Continue reading
City staff recommend third reading be granted to draft Official Community Plan Monday March 31st as development continues at a breakneck pace.
City staff have now completed the corporate report Surrey council asked for following the recent public hearing of the Official Community plan (referred to as the OCP) , and are recommending that council grant third reading. http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/CR_2014-R048.pdf While city staff acknowledged … Continue reading
RCMP take lumps along with praise at community meeting – Newton residents look forward to next step.
I apologize for the lateness of this post – it’s been a hectic week with back to school, followed by immediate return of stomach flu as a result. I still haven’t posted my weekly 24Hrs column here yet – which was … Continue reading