- Follow @lailayuile
- “The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things…” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
What people are saying
Laila on “The art of being happy,… nonconfidencevote on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… luigi on “It’s not what you… Laila on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,…
- "The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
Tag Archives: CKNW Talk SHow Idol
BC Chamber of Commerce corporate directory link disabled – but I have corporate members list for you here!
There has been much discussion among British Columbians of boycotting members of the business associations who are behind the legal challenge to the FIGHT HST petition . Within hours of Elections BC refusing to pass the petition on, the links and websites … Continue reading
So, there I was wasting time between periods of the LA Vancouver game, cruising YouTube’s political channels, and I found what appears to be a some kind of public service announcement about why the HST is so good, and why we … Continue reading
Official Opening of Kincolith Extension Highway May 17, 2003 B.C. Transportation Minister Judith Reid is joined by Dr. Joseph Gosnell, president of the Nisga’a Lisims Government (left), and Robert Nault, Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development Canada (right), cutting a cedar … Continue reading
An Olympic sized Canadian bail-out for Intrawest could mean all Canadians pay for the 2010 games – whether they want to or not.
From the NY Post : Fortress says it is negotiating with the Canadian government, which it says promised to make it whole for the time Whistler/Blackcomb mountain is used for the Olympics. Intrawest is trying to get roughly $90 million, and wants to … Continue reading
Part 2 of the 4 part series currently being published online at The Legislature Raids is a must read for this rainy weekend, so grab a hot drink and settle yourself down for a wild ride. ” BC Premier’s Public/Private … Continue reading
You heard it here locally first, on January 11th…now,CBC picks up NY post story and tells more of how Intrawest’s troubles are threatening the Olympics in Whistler
You heard it here first on January 11th, which is the date I brought you the NY post story that detailed the first real hint of trouble for Whistler/Blackcomb resort owners, Intrawest, whose creditors are threatening to foreclose on them and … Continue reading
This is not a good week for the RCMP. Nor is it a good week for the friends and family who loved Robert Dziekanski, and Orion Hutchinson.After all the time that has passed since their respective deaths, neither family have had … Continue reading
Thanks to Sean Holman and Public Eye Online for bringing us this video, starring the grand poo-bah Gordon Campbell and his guard…lady press secretary extolling the wonderful amazing fantastic progress the libs have made on child poverty in BC – which is the … Continue reading
From Alex G. Tsakumis’s site, Rebel with a Clause, as he comments on Bill Tieleman’s departure from CKNW : …I suspect, STRONGLY, that there is more to this than meets the mic… Two items: Tieleman has NEVER backed away from naming Christy Clark … Continue reading