- RT @JeremyJNuttall: The Tyee – China Leak: Charged Man Had No Security Clearance, Says Exec thetyee.ca/News/2013/12/0… via @TheTyee #BCpoli 3 days ago
- This week’s column for 24Hrs Vancouver: BC Hydro hasn’t proved its case Site C is even needed
- A must read. Right now.
- Why ‘Renewal’ for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
- This week’s column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Changing the rules doesn’t make LNG ‘clean’ energy
- Silence is the ultimate weapon of power. -Charles de Gaulle
- Welcoming the artistic endeavors of illustrator and cartoonist Josh Wapp, to LailaYuile.com
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: “Protecting farmland ensures locals can produce their own food”
- BC government dim sum bonds a success in Hong Kong, but give indigestion to many here in British Columbia
What people are saying
Laila on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Len on This week’s column for 2… Curt on This week’s column for 2… The6thEstate on Why ‘Renewal’ for… cherylb on Why ‘Renewal’ for… Brenton on Why ‘Renewal’ for…
- Why 'Renewal' for the BCNDP really means nothing: The story behind the BC NDP Convention no one wants to talk about.
- This week's column for 24Hrs Vancouver: BC Hydro hasn't proved its case Site C is even needed
- A must read. Right now.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
- Clark tries new tactic to woo women back into the fold with Über-mommy friendly website - paid for with your tax dollars.
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit Laila Yuile lailayuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river scott young sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: conservatives
Links and stories you might have missed: Critical state of rail infrastructure, BC Hydro debt scandal and SNC Lavalin
“I’m just catching up with yesterday, by tomorrow I should be ready for today : )” – unknown To be honest, I totally relate this summer!! Busy, busy, busy and most writing is getting done pre-dawn or post- sunset and … Continue reading
“There has always been, and there is now, a profound conflict of interest between the people and the government…” ~ Howard Zinn
On the eve of what is most likely going to be a change in government in this province, one would think that I would be exceptionally excited about all of it. After all, I’ve spent many years researching and writing stories on the … Continue reading
Lately, there has been a lot of talk about gender inequality and how women in politics are treated differently than men. Thankfully, here on LailaYuile.com, we treat everyone the same! The edgy folks over at Deep Rogue Ram have created a very … Continue reading
Heads up for all my readers to pick up a copy of 24hrs Vancouver edition tomorrow, where I go head to head with Kathryn Marshall on this week’s topic: Is Bill C-377 good for Canada’s union members? My column: http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2012/12/16/conservatives-passed-new-disclosure-requirements-to-hamper-canadas-unions … Continue reading
Dictionary pos·er noun /ˈpōzər/ posers, plural A person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not (Posers) People that try to pretend to be someone or part of some … Continue reading
“This isn’t about the planes, in other words, or costs, or accounting. This is about accountability. This is is about whether departments are answerable to their ministers, and whether ministers are answerable to Parliament — or whether billions of public … Continue reading
Playing with the Dragon: Who is looking after Canadian interests while China outwits our governments?
” We cannot enter into alliances until we know the designs of our neighbours.” ~ Sun Tzu It should come as no surprise to anyone, that the script of a 6th century general and military strategist has even been converted into a … Continue reading
Incongruity of HST fallout and “repercussions” signal new low for BC Liberals and media messengers alike.
Yes, I am still on vacation- some lovely photos on the way - but two things happened in the last 24 hours that made the bile rise in my throat, and I can no longer contain myself. First bile raising incident: I had … Continue reading
BRAVA to the lovely Pale Cold of A Creative Revolution for this creative caution! Inspired by the story of the widow being pursued by Conservative officials for copyright infringment, after she used their logo in an online ad aimed at … Continue reading
I know many of you have been waiting for a really great post, on any of the hot political issues right now. However, I have been watching and hearing the seemingly endless emotionally driven rhetoric that champions of the gun … Continue reading