- RT @schtev69: @mrsurreyjack @lailayuile tell that to those south if the Fraser. http://t.co/LvtgJDnFA2 2 hours ago
- This weeks column for 24hrs Vancouver: Transit tax’No’ vote sensible
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- The ‘real’ thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Legalize tent cities.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Overreacting to heinous acts is what the terrorists want.
- Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cops too eager to shoot.
- BC Government releases Chief Inspectors 2013 Annual Report on New Years Eve, to Lego Movie soundtrack hit “Everything is Awesome!”
What people are saying
Laila on This weeks column for 24hrs Va… misallocationofcapit… on This weeks column for 24hrs Va… Laila on This weeks column for 24hrs Va… Marc Erickson on This weeks column for 24hrs Va… r on This weeks column for 24hrs Va… Mosko on This weeks column for 24hrs Va…
- This weeks column for 24hrs Vancouver: Transit tax'No' vote sensible
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- The 'real' thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Detailed new photos show state of aging BNSF Bridge in South Surrey as potential recipe for disaster.
- Things that make you go "Hmmmmm..."; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
Tag Archives: crime in surrey
In January of this year, I wrote a post highlighting the ridiculous, public relations driven position Bill Fordy had taken with regards to yet another shooting in Surrey. While other police spokespersons in the lower mainland were making clear the … Continue reading
While two weeks of spring break is taking my attention elsewhere, I’ll be spending less time blogging, and concentrating more on a number of stories needing investigation. The BC Liberals seem to be up to more than a few of their old … Continue reading
However, there is a catch, albeit one I think many Surrey-ites can live with. In last nights council meeting, city council said no to the proposed increase requested by the Surrey Ratepayers Association, and told city planners to approach a … Continue reading
Newton neighbourhoods still rife with prostitutes,drugs and crime – despite city’s Newton Revitalization Plan
It has been just over one year since I spent the afternoon taking Susana da Silva and her cameraman on a driving tour of Newton. One year. In response to increasing frustration among home and business owners in the neighbourhood … Continue reading
Is 5 years, two months (less 10 months credit for time served) justice enough for the victims in two shocking and violent assaults ?
That’s right. For a variety of charges including two counts of attempted murder ,1 count of aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes, Shazad SardarAli received 5 years and two months in jail -with credit for 10 … Continue reading
Earlier this year, on March 13th, I blogged about a shooting that had occurred in broad daylight, in a residential cul-de-sac where children play freely. Some men were arguing in front of one of the homes. The verbal disagreement became … Continue reading
If you don’t follow David Berner’s blog now, I suggest that you do. He writes and comments and talks about various important issues facing those of us in Lotusland, and often touches on items that would otherwise escape the scrutiny … Continue reading
The second period of the Canucks game had just started at about 8pm, as the sound of shots rang loud and clear as if outside my door. I froze in disbelief and shivered as I listened in shock. 4 shots … Continue reading
One young man is in hospital with what are described as non- life threatening injuries, and police are searching for a single male suspect who fled the scene on foot. This, after I found myself smack dab in the middle of a police incident at the … Continue reading