- Follow @lailayuile
- “…the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards….”
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
What people are saying
Laila on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on ‘Our posterity will wond… North Vans Grumps on “…the contractor w… JDC on “…the contractor w… nonconfidencevote on “…the contractor w… Scotty on Denman on “…the contractor w…
- "...the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards...."
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
Tag Archives: crime in surrey
In January of this year, I wrote a post highlighting the ridiculous, public relations driven position Bill Fordy had taken with regards to yet another shooting in Surrey. While other police spokespersons in the lower mainland were making clear the … Continue reading
While two weeks of spring break is taking my attention elsewhere, I’ll be spending less time blogging, and concentrating more on a number of stories needing investigation. The BC Liberals seem to be up to more than a few of their old … Continue reading
However, there is a catch, albeit one I think many Surrey-ites can live with. In last nights council meeting, city council said no to the proposed increase requested by the Surrey Ratepayers Association, and told city planners to approach a … Continue reading
Newton neighbourhoods still rife with prostitutes,drugs and crime – despite city’s Newton Revitalization Plan
It has been just over one year since I spent the afternoon taking Susana da Silva and her cameraman on a driving tour of Newton. One year. In response to increasing frustration among home and business owners in the neighbourhood … Continue reading
Is 5 years, two months (less 10 months credit for time served) justice enough for the victims in two shocking and violent assaults ?
That’s right. For a variety of charges including two counts of attempted murder ,1 count of aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes, Shazad SardarAli received 5 years and two months in jail -with credit for 10 … Continue reading
Earlier this year, on March 13th, I blogged about a shooting that had occurred in broad daylight, in a residential cul-de-sac where children play freely. Some men were arguing in front of one of the homes. The verbal disagreement became … Continue reading
If you don’t follow David Berner’s blog now, I suggest that you do. He writes and comments and talks about various important issues facing those of us in Lotusland, and often touches on items that would otherwise escape the scrutiny … Continue reading
The second period of the Canucks game had just started at about 8pm, as the sound of shots rang loud and clear as if outside my door. I froze in disbelief and shivered as I listened in shock. 4 shots … Continue reading
One young man is in hospital with what are described as non- life threatening injuries, and police are searching for a single male suspect who fled the scene on foot. This, after I found myself smack dab in the middle of a police incident at the … Continue reading