- @mgabrielGlobal @keithbaldrey Serves double duty as a "Caution!" feature so those falling chunks don't hit anyone.. 4 hours ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
r on “It’s not what you… John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Legal Aid funds diverted by BC Government in excess of $100 million dollars. Legal? Yes. Moral or right? No.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
Tag Archives: crime in surrey
This… is my Surrey. Beautiful, yes? We have beaches and sunsets to take your breathe away, parks and trails, farms that grow incredible local produce and fruits and fields of daisies to lay down and dream in. “Communities in fear” … Continue reading
In January of this year, I wrote a post highlighting the ridiculous, public relations driven position Bill Fordy had taken with regards to yet another shooting in Surrey. While other police spokespersons in the lower mainland were making clear the … Continue reading
While two weeks of spring break is taking my attention elsewhere, I’ll be spending less time blogging, and concentrating more on a number of stories needing investigation. The BC Liberals seem to be up to more than a few of their old … Continue reading
However, there is a catch, albeit one I think many Surrey-ites can live with. In last nights council meeting, city council said no to the proposed increase requested by the Surrey Ratepayers Association, and told city planners to approach a … Continue reading
Newton neighbourhoods still rife with prostitutes,drugs and crime – despite city’s Newton Revitalization Plan
It has been just over one year since I spent the afternoon taking Susana da Silva and her cameraman on a driving tour of Newton. One year. In response to increasing frustration among home and business owners in the neighbourhood … Continue reading
Is 5 years, two months (less 10 months credit for time served) justice enough for the victims in two shocking and violent assaults ?
That’s right. For a variety of charges including two counts of attempted murder ,1 count of aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes, Shazad SardarAli received 5 years and two months in jail -with credit for 10 … Continue reading
Earlier this year, on March 13th, I blogged about a shooting that had occurred in broad daylight, in a residential cul-de-sac where children play freely. Some men were arguing in front of one of the homes. The verbal disagreement became … Continue reading
If you don’t follow David Berner’s blog now, I suggest that you do. He writes and comments and talks about various important issues facing those of us in Lotusland, and often touches on items that would otherwise escape the scrutiny … Continue reading
The second period of the Canucks game had just started at about 8pm, as the sound of shots rang loud and clear as if outside my door. I froze in disbelief and shivered as I listened in shock. 4 shots … Continue reading
One young man is in hospital with what are described as non- life threatening injuries, and police are searching for a single male suspect who fled the scene on foot. This, after I found myself smack dab in the middle of a police incident at the … Continue reading