- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.Thoughts on what makes BC great wp.me/p49Jv-2Xm 4 hours ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… Davie Chesney on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Legal Aid funds diverted by BC Government in excess of $100 million dollars. Legal? Yes. Moral or right? No.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
Tag Archives: crime
I tweeted out some stark reminders of Surrey’s last election today: Population of Surrey: approx. 472,000, estimated to grow by about a 1000 every month Number of registered voters : 279,051 as per the last election in 2011 Number of … Continue reading
This week, Kathryn and I didn’t so much duel, as we did bring light to a big issue in British Columbia that has yet to make an appearance in any campaign to date. The question this week is: What should … Continue reading
I absolutely had to pick my chin off of my desk this morning when I read Jonathon Fowlie’s feature on the premier. In particular, the portion where her son ( I do hate bringing anyone’s child into politics,but damn it, … Continue reading
“When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted.”
more about ““When you have decided what you belie…“, posted with vodpod I’ve thought a lot about what I wanted to say to everyone on the day of one of the most important elections … Continue reading
Earlier this year, on March 13th, I blogged about a shooting that had occurred in broad daylight, in a residential cul-de-sac where children play freely. Some men were arguing in front of one of the homes. The verbal disagreement became … Continue reading
Salvation Army in process to acquire the old Surrey Public Market property at King George and 64th avenue
Brian Venables, Major and Divisional Secretary for Public Relations & Development with the Salvation Army, confirmed to me in an email yesterday afternoon, that they are ” currently engaged in a transaction that, if successful, will mean the subject property … Continue reading
A quick blog of note for you this morning. As most of you know, I’m up very early everyday, getting my work done while the little ones are sleeping. Yesterday morning, I received a call from a client on my … Continue reading
See the full story on the CBC site: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/03/23/bc-burnaby-prison-rezoning.html Thanks to a frequent reader who submitted this today with a link for my Burnaby readers to show their support of the effort to stop the planned prison in Burnaby: http://www.noburnabyprison.ca/whatCanYouDo.html … Continue reading
Another shootout last night, this one far too close for comfort. Can anyone give me an assurance that my children will not be killed by a stray bullet through the wall of my house? http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&contentId=8308&index=1&languageId=1 Surrey – Shots Fired in … Continue reading