- Follow @lailayuile
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
- One tough question for the BC Government
- Imperial Metals president Bryan Kynoch says he would drink the tailings pond water….
What people are saying
Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… North Vans Grumps on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Debbie McBride on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Evil Eye on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To…
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- I saw a shooting star...
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- "You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Why did the BC government repeal the Weather Modification Act ?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- “No secrecy, no business.” ~Toba Beta
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: dianne watts
Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
It was back in January 2014, following the death of Julie Paskall, that both Mayor Watts and the NDP renewed calls for a community court in Surrey. Watts met with Attorney General Susan Anton in February, where it was agreed … Continue reading
Normally at this time of year, political chatter dies down as politicians and media take their vacations and give everyone a much needed break. In Surrey however, the political scene just keeps heating up, as former Surrey mayor Doug McCallum … Continue reading
City staff recommend third reading be granted to draft Official Community Plan Monday March 31st as development continues at a breakneck pace.
City staff have now completed the corporate report Surrey council asked for following the recent public hearing of the Official Community plan (referred to as the OCP) , and are recommending that council grant third reading. http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/CR_2014-R048.pdf While city staff acknowledged … Continue reading
We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~ Herman Melville
A wise man once said that as soon as you see a mistake and don’t fix it, it becomes your mistake. Surrey city mayor and councillors would do well to hold this proverb close to their hearts. Never could that … Continue reading
“We tend to treat politics as a game, as if the people living and dying by the policies set by those in power are less important than the stories generated by colorful characters…” ~ Tyler Clark I’ll never profess to … Continue reading
My heart stopped at news today that a woman had been severely beaten in what appears to be an attempted robbery outside of the Newton Arena. http://www.thenownewspaper.com/woman-not-expected-to-live-after-savage-beating-near-surrey-s-newton-arena-1.774064?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite Foremost, my thoughts and prayers are with her, her family and her friends … Continue reading
As a community of students, families, teachers and friends mourns the loss of a teenage girl killed in the horrific accident yesterday in Surrey, questions are rising as to why this happened in the first place. Yes, the girls were … Continue reading
Tomorrow, many patients visiting Surrey Memorial Hospital might notice that for one day only, parking is free in many designated areas around the medical facility. However, don’t get too excited. Ironically, it’s only so people who want to have a sneak peek at … Continue reading
In January of this year, I wrote a post highlighting the ridiculous, public relations driven position Bill Fordy had taken with regards to yet another shooting in Surrey. While other police spokespersons in the lower mainland were making clear the … Continue reading