- Follow @lailayuile
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
Laila on This weeks new column for 24Hr… workforfun on Ottawa, this is BC calling… JDC on Ottawa, this is BC calling… R on Ottawa, this is BC calling… FRJ on Ottawa, this is BC calling… e.a.f. on Ottawa, this is BC calling…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why did the BC government repeal the Weather Modification Act ?
- When wrong just doesn't begin to describe it.
Tag Archives: election 2013
I greatly admire Ian for many reasons, and this new post is one of his best. Here is an excerpt: This weekend the BC NDP Provincial Council meets to begin the review of the disastrous 2013 campaign. From what … Continue reading
This week’s topic: What is the most important factor voters should consider at the polls? When Kathryn’s submission arrived in my email, it was clear that while we come from different positions on the political spectrum, she felt the same … Continue reading
Our good friends over at Deep Rogue Ram, have done it again, this time with a Dan Murphy classic. Give the man a round of applause please!
What’s it like working with Premier Christy Clark? “She’s a role model for the next generation…” ~ Rich Coleman, minister of everything.
Thankfully, I’ll never have to find out. However, Rich Coleman, minister of everything under the sun has, and actually likes working with Christy so much, he made this video on YouTube just to prove how much he likes working with her. … Continue reading
Clark tries new tactic to woo women back into the fold with Über-mommy friendly website – paid for with your tax dollars.
It started innocently enough. While checking out my twitter feed, something came by from the Christy Clark twitter feed sending followers to the new public service announcement on bullying. I bit, clicked… and ended up on the BC governments newest website, … Continue reading
This week’s column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cutting services to most vulnerable a typical Liberal tactic
Winner of the last duel on the value of the Canadian Senate was Laila Yuile with 64%. This week’s topic: Is the recent B.C. budget really a Liberal budget — or an NDP-style one? Premier Christy Clark — who still … Continue reading
As someone who has blogged about politics since the last election in this province, I’ve seen so many stories and examples of the current governments cronyism/unethical behavior/questionable policies/ corrupt activities that quite honestly, it still astounds me. Following the 2009 election, … Continue reading
Breaking news – Abbotsford South BC Liberal Riding Association Directors and President resign, citing ” Unfair, not democratic ” election of candidate Darryl Plecas.
A stunning turn of events in the valley, my good friends over at Abbotsford Today have the breaking news. “In a letter issued this afternoon the BC Liberal Abbotsford South Riding Association has resigned saying the election of Darryl Plecas was “both unfair … Continue reading
One of the most important graphs and the two most important posts, you will ever read about BC’s coming debt load.
Source: http://www.fin.gov.bc.ca/PT/dmb/ref/netDebt.pdf Our good friends over at Blog Borg Collective has a very important post up this morning that clearly show the amount of debt the province is carrying – without including crown corps etc. The chart above is from … Continue reading