- RT @Garossino: Harper govt censors out positive info about environmental group in FOI response: thestar.com/news/canada/20… #cdnpoli @harveymck… 1 hour ago
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: B.C. government lets industry run wild
- “INVEST IN RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT.GET A NICE RETURN”
- BC Wildfire information and resources
- “The short memories of the voters is what keeps our politicians in office” ~ Will Rogers
- Guest post: “Vote Wisely in the next election”
- “Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.” Ambrose Bierce
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Not enough Bang for Olympic Buck!!
What people are saying
r on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… r on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… R on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… G. Barry Stewart on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… r on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe… e.a.f. on Why exactly, is the Mars Bombe…
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- At what point is the government going to step in and say: "Enough is enough."?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Guest post: "Vote Wisely in the next election"
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: enbridge
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
“It is always more easy to discover and proclaim general principles than to apply them.” ~ Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
In following the discussion and commentary on social media in the hours leading up to an announcement from the federal government on Northern Gateway, one thing is clear: there is an elephant in the room that no one wants to … Continue reading
An interesting read by Matthew Millar from the Vancouver Observer: Premier Christy Clark partnered in Enbridge Lobbying Firm
Matthew does some great work, a must follow if you don’t already. Here is an excerpt… B.C. Premier Christy Clark was a partner in a lobbying firm that was contracted by Enbridge and which lobbied the federal government on the company’s … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24hrs Vancouver: Battle over Clayoquot Sound shows the power of peaceful protests
Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on Russia was Brent at 65%. This week’s topic: Is civil disobedience an acceptable way to stop the Northern Gateway Pipeline? … Continue reading
A must read, watch and share: W5 brings us Pipeline Wars, a story of unreported spills, alarmed communities and a promise to do ‘better’
“On the eve of W5’s reporting about the issue, the company sent an e-mail to mayors and councillors in dozens of Ontario communities located along the line, advising of the broadcast, offering links to the company’s website to provide its … Continue reading
Dear Enbridge. What part of ‘We don’t want your pipeline’ do you not understand? Best regards, Laila
Coming next week, final installment of Playing with the Dragon- read the second in the series now to catch up.
Originally posted in June of 2012, this post took a deeper look at how and who has played an integral role in the development of Canada’s foreign policy with China…and why Harper seemed to do an about-face when it comes … Continue reading
… you see this story: ” Chuck Strahl, Chairman of the federal body which oversees Canada’s spy agency, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), has registered to lobby on behalf of Enbridge’s ‘Northern Gateway Pipelines Limited Partnership’. ~snip~ “Strahl replaced disgraced … Continue reading