- There is more that binds us together than separates us.More hate, is not the answer-it never is.Remember that with compassion in your heart. 7 hours ago
- Stop reading this blog and go outside.
- BC Hydro says halting Site C would cost taxpayers $500 million? Not building it at all will save us over $8 billion dollars.
- “Good morning Laila, My name is Derek and I’m a very rare man.” or ” How left and right politics are fabricated.”
- Letter from a reader: “Is there anyone looking out for the interests of the general public here???”
- This weeks column for 24Hours Vancouver: BC keeps Richmond in the dark on Massey
- “The only way to change it, is to vote. People are responsible.” ~ Paul Wellstone
- The Mount Polley tailings pond disaster. What a difference a year makes…
- Summer catch-up: Last two columns for 24Hrs Vancouver.
What people are saying
Laila on Letter from a reader: “I… G. Barry Stewart on BC Hydro says halting Site C w… Laila on BC Hydro says halting Site C w… JDC on BC Hydro says halting Site C w… e.a.f. on BC Hydro says halting Site C w… e.a.f. on BC Hydro says halting Site C w…
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- A note on political patronage and cronyism.
- “I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
Tag Archives: encana
Late last week I was contacted by a new member of a local community association here in Surrey, who expressed great concern over this Tyee blog post: http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2014/09/29/Non-Profit-Attack-Petition/ Her concern of course,is that the potential for these proposed changes to be … Continue reading
Stunning news this morning in the business world. Gwyn Morgan, chairman of the board of SNC Lavalin, will be stepping down following the 2013 AGM in May : http://www.snclavalin.com/news.php?lang=en&id=2055&action=press_release_details In addition, three more directors will be replaced : David Goldman, Pierre H. Lessard … Continue reading
Auditor Generals long awaited report on Pacific Carbon Trust finally released and surprise surprise….there are big problems all around.
This is an excerpt from a two-part post I wrote back in June of 2010, all about the Pacific Carbon Trust and their friends Offsetters Clean Technology : “I agree, few people in this province will deny the need for industry and commercial business to … Continue reading
Fraser Transportation Group chosen as preferred bidder for South Fraser Perimeter Road, surprising many.
The Ministry of Transportation issued a long-awaited press release Friday- late,late Friday – surprising many industry insiders by announcing that the Fraser Transportation Group has been chosen as the preferred bidder and will proceed to the final stage of the procurement process for the South … Continue reading
I recently authored a post that is again receiving considerable attention, due in part it appears, to a comment left by ‘RickW’, below the Tyee’s front page column today: http://thetyee.ca/Views/2009/04/29/PayRaises/ Thank you, RickW – my hope is to inform as many people as possible about … Continue reading