- A tragic loss-please take the time yourself,to research areas before you venture out.10 mins can save your life. cknw.com/2015/08/03/856… 1 hour ago
- “The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things…” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
What people are saying
JDC on “The art of being happy,… luigi on “It’s not what you… Laila on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… Laila on “The art of being happy,…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- "The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Terasen Gas and BC Hydro kill me with their billing.
Tag Archives: fight hst
Back in the saddle…and gunning for the good fight : Vote Yes to Say No HST rally in Surrey Thursday June 16th.
“It takes guts and integrity of motive to fight the good fight. It takes a passionate interest in life itself. It’s easy to stand on the sidelines, shaking your head and commenting on how tragic things are. But if you … Continue reading
From the BC government website, this press release: HST PANEL REQUESTS SUBMISSIONS ON REFERENDUM OPTIONS VICTORIA – The independent panel reviewing and reporting publicly on the pros and cons of the HST and returning the PST/GST system wants to review relevant … Continue reading
And it comes in the face of the Elections BC denial of Ida Chong’s recall paperwork… An enterprising individual has. Speaking from experience in researching government documents,this is not something new. Be sure to read the comments for additional evidence … Continue reading
Nowhere, because it simply doesn’t jive with all the hoopla being shoved down the throats of British Columbians by the local propaganda floggers… However, Ian Reid rides to the rescue with this outstanding mention: Earlier I posted about the important role … Continue reading
I am here, but busy with the yearly back to school rush, which in my house is no small thing. This year I have one returning to second year university, one entering grade 12, one starting grade one… leaving me … Continue reading
Straight from the horses mouth: Premier Campbell and Huggies Hansen tell it like it was – back in 2008.
Watch this video, and listen carefully. Listen to Gordon Campbell talk about how bad the economy is, and how changes will have to be made. Listen to Colin talk about how if a P3 financer can’t get financing, another company … Continue reading
BC Liberals wanted HST – despite high level warnings of job loss, wage loss and productivity loss for up to 5 years
Cross posted from Honestly Shared Taxation, another blog I co-author with writer Norman Farrell. Jonathan Fowlie of the Vancouver Sun has breaking news this September 1st,2010. Here is an excerpt: FOI documents: B.C. government adopted HST despite warnings of negative impact … Continue reading
*** cross-posted from http://honestlyshared.blogspot.com/ the group blog created with Norman Farrell Gordon Campbell must be kicking himself right now. What welcome news that the anti-HST petition is valid, and can be forwarded to the legislative committee! The judge used Gordon Campbell’s … Continue reading
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote … Continue reading
This is how history happens, people. I’ve learned that real leaders aren’t always the men and women making deals on Howe Street, nor are they always those charged with the care and growth of our province. Real leaders are regular … Continue reading