- 2. The election will not be won,or lost if you actually take time to enjoy summer too. :) 1 hour ago
- “The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things…” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
What people are saying
Laila on “The art of being happy,… nonconfidencevote on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,… luigi on “It’s not what you… Laila on “The art of being happy,… JDC on “The art of being happy,…
- "The art of being happy,lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Terasen Gas and BC Hydro kill me with their billing.
Tag Archives: fracking
In the true spirit of giving, the Clark government gives Petronas and other corporate giants the holiday gift every gas producer wants.
This week`s topic: Is the NDP’s support of the BC Liberal’s LNG Tax Legislation good for B.C.? If our readers could listen into the weekly calls Brent and I schedule to decide on a Duel topic, they’d get an earful. … Continue reading
Late last week I was contacted by a new member of a local community association here in Surrey, who expressed great concern over this Tyee blog post: http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2014/09/29/Non-Profit-Attack-Petition/ Her concern of course,is that the potential for these proposed changes to be … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: BC Hydro hasn’t made a convincing case for pushing costly dam onto taxpayers
Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program was Laila with 71%. This week’s topic: Considering the results of the Joint Review Panel … Continue reading
CAJ conference hosts first event open to public: “J-Fest” features journalist Lindsay Kines, editorial cartoonist Dan Murphy and documentary film-maker/editor Damien Gillis
Every year the Canadian Association for Journalists hosts a conference, and this years program includes an incredible evening of discussion open to the general public: J-Fest, a celebration of journalism that matters! The Times Colonist’s Lindsay Kines led investigations into … Continue reading
A very late posting of my Monday column this week,as unexpected events last weekend required my attention elsewhere, and delayed other posts here on my site as well. This week, Brent and I debated this question: Do the benefits of … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should we put a stop to LNG implementation for more study and to set standards? It appears that for Premier Christy Clark, fracking is the new F-word. The incredibly well-crafted sales job Clark and the BC Liberals … Continue reading
“Canada, we stand on guard for thee.” ~ Round two, 2013. Nothing changed for the better in the last year, so what exactly will it take to get you off your ass, folks? Eh?
“As opposition leader, [Stephen Harper] wrote in the Montreal Gazette in the year before he came to power: ‘Information is the lifeblood of a democracy. Without adequate access to key information about government policies and programs, citizens and parliamentarians cannot make … Continue reading
How Christy Clark thought British Columbians would react : What actually happened after the announcement of the BC Prosperity Fund : Followed by this, a day later….