- Follow @lailayuile
- Friday afternoon on a long weekend, do you know where your government is? “Error 404- information or government not found”
- ‘Our posterity will wonder about our ignorance of things so plain.’ ~ Seneca
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
What people are saying
workforfun on ‘Our posterity will wond… Diane Kennedy on Friday afternoon on a long wee… bear1733 on Friday afternoon on a long wee… JDC on Friday afternoon on a long wee… Julie on ‘Our posterity will wond… Marc Erickson on ‘Our posterity will wond…
- Friday afternoon on a long weekend, do you know where your government is? "Error 404- information or government not found"
- 'Our posterity will wonder about our ignorance of things so plain.' ~ Seneca
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : "…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- "A big thank you to our loyal readers!" ~ 24 Hours Vancouver
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: gateway project
It was a very sunny day in September 2006, when Premier Gordon Campbell arrived for the grand opening of Simon Fraser University’s Surrey campus, smack dab in the heart of Whalley. Despite the demands of his busy schedule, Campbell did make time to sit … Continue reading
*** updated 11 am, July 23rd- Colin Hansen just announced that on July 1st, 2010, the BC government will “harmonize” the PST we pay with the Federal GST- in other words, they are going to combine the two taxes into … Continue reading
For those of you who are just stopping by, there was another shooting near my home last night. Read the full account, with exclusive photo’s, here: http://lailayuile.wordpress.com/2009/03/03/rcmp-investigate-reports-of-shots-fired-in-newton-again/ It was very late before sleep finally engulfed me, the heightened adrenalin from the evenings … Continue reading
Dear Mr. Falcon, I am still feeling rather confused this morning after watching your interview with CTV’s St. John Alexander on the 6 o’clock newscast last night. In speaking with St.John about why tolls are absolutely necessary for the construction of … Continue reading
Prime Minister Stephen Harper,Premier Gordon Campbell and Stockwell Day offically launch construction on the contentious South Fraser Perimeter Road
*** reaction to this launch here: http://lailayuile.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/contrary-to-what-the-premier-and-the-transportation-minister-say-the-public-is-not-behind-the-government-on-this-contentious-issue/ ( Although you would never know it, by the lack of coverage on the evening news tonight, or in the major local papers online. Oddly enough, a reporter with CTV had … Continue reading
******Update: See the following story on my home page here: http://lailayuile.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/prime-minister-stephen-harperpremier-gordon-campbell-and-stockwell-day-offically-launch-construction-on-south-fraser-perimeter-road/ ********* Gordon Campbell, Kevin Falcon, and Federal reps will be making an “announcement about the South Fraser Perimeter Road” at the Surrey Fraser Docks.This announcement may concern new Federal funding … Continue reading