- @junekaiser I'm absolutely shocked actually.How insulting.Cigarettes are not the same as sacred tobacco.Good grief. 3 hours ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
r on “It’s not what you… John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
Tag Archives: hst
One of the most important graphs and the two most important posts, you will ever read about BC’s coming debt load.
Source: http://www.fin.gov.bc.ca/PT/dmb/ref/netDebt.pdf Our good friends over at Blog Borg Collective has a very important post up this morning that clearly show the amount of debt the province is carrying – without including crown corps etc. The chart above is from … Continue reading
” Hi Laila…Remember the Principle of Parsimony, aka Occam’s Razor that says: “simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones.” The illusion of a fixed price contract is great optics even though its an illusion. As you quite … Continue reading
Falcon’s “dire” financial estimates of HST reversal misleading – but “more effective if one were looking to lay the blame for provincial fiscal challenges onto the referendum results.”
I’m playing catch-up this weekend and next week after some new information came forward on an old story Friday, taking my attention away from more current news. However, before I leave you this morning, I wanted you to take a … Continue reading
A message from Christy Clark to her supporters: ” I have a Great Job Plan, Dix is evil, please give me money!”
Ok, ok, so I paraphrase, but this is essentially what Christy Clark told her supporters via an email update this evening, here for your reading pleasure after making its way to me from a former supporter. Please ensure you do … Continue reading
Incongruity of HST fallout and “repercussions” signal new low for BC Liberals and media messengers alike.
Yes, I am still on vacation- some lovely photos on the way – but two things happened in the last 24 hours that made the bile rise in my throat, and I can no longer contain myself. First bile raising incident: I had … Continue reading
Forwarded Message —– From: Kevin Falcon <email@example.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:37:04 PM Subject: Down to the wire Down to the wire Dear Friends:As we enter the final days before voting ends on the HST referendum I wanted … Continue reading
And here are a just a few reasons why- you won’t read any of this in the Sun or Province. Just like you won’t read about Dianne Watts lawsuit there either. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/bc-politics/firms-with-bc-liberal-ties-awarded-secret-contracts-in-pro-hst-campaign/article2109375/ ( and here is a beta form of … Continue reading
” Message: Hi: I listened to you on John McComb’s program yesterday….after studying all the reports on the HST, we determined that if all the economists suggested it was good for the province, we should put our personal feelings against … Continue reading
ON CBC tonight: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/BC/1258521056/ID=2022903172 What gives? Falcon openly admits HST hurts some, not everyone is coming out on top but tells business owners ” we should overlook that for the overall benefits” Sniff.. sniff… what’s that I smell? Victory? In … Continue reading
Via email: The Liberals are SPINNING! With 2 or more kids it’s not hard to spend $1000 for back to school. This summer when you shop for school supplies, computer items, clothes & shoes* ( based on purchases for kids … Continue reading