- You know you're old when it's 9:30 on a Friday night and you're counting the moments until you can go to bed... 4 hours ago
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
- “Home isn’t always where you live,but where they understand you:The passing of Ben Meisner “
What people are saying
Don F. on Denial, deflect, discredit. Drew Chisholm on Denial, deflect, discredit. Scotty on Denman on Denial, deflect, discredit. John's Aghast on Denial, deflect, discredit. Scotty on Denman on Denial, deflect, discredit. Laila on Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Introducing... the new Canucks Bra!!
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
Tag Archives: LNG
This week’s topic: Did the provincial government make the right decision approving the Site C dam? I agree with Brent that British Columbia does have a real opportunity in front of it right now, but it has nothing to do with … Continue reading
There’s really not much I could add to this, Damien Gillis has wrapped this up so well – I highly recommend reading this fine post. Here are some excerpts: ” …the Liberal Government excluded the public’s independent energy watchdog, the … Continue reading
Late last week I was contacted by a new member of a local community association here in Surrey, who expressed great concern over this Tyee blog post: http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2014/09/29/Non-Profit-Attack-Petition/ Her concern of course,is that the potential for these proposed changes to be … Continue reading
H/t to one of RossK’s readers who posted this link over in the comments section at his site. Listening to the premier talk about her plans for the province is always entertaining, but where it gets really funny on this one is at … Continue reading
CAJ conference hosts first event open to public: “J-Fest” features journalist Lindsay Kines, editorial cartoonist Dan Murphy and documentary film-maker/editor Damien Gillis
Every year the Canadian Association for Journalists hosts a conference, and this years program includes an incredible evening of discussion open to the general public: J-Fest, a celebration of journalism that matters! The Times Colonist’s Lindsay Kines led investigations into … Continue reading
They say one picture is worth a thousand words and if so, this screen shot from former MLA Harry Bloys business website tells a very interesting story. In particular, this little gem Mr. Bloy shares, anecdotally from an employer: ” Workers from … Continue reading
… Passed on by a dear friend ;) ‘Twas the night before Christmas… ‘Twas the night before Christmas And all through the land, Pipelines ran everywhere Exactly as planned. LNG sat in stockpiles On the shores of the … Continue reading
A very late posting of my Monday column this week,as unexpected events last weekend required my attention elsewhere, and delayed other posts here on my site as well. This week, Brent and I debated this question: Do the benefits of … Continue reading
Yes, yes, yes, I know I’ve teased you with hints of the post on the BC NDP, and a couple other gems, but I’ve come down sick with a nasty head cold and cough that makes me feel like my … Continue reading