- Follow @lailayuile
- “…the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards….”
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
What people are saying
Laila on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on ‘Our posterity will wond… North Vans Grumps on “…the contractor w… JDC on “…the contractor w… nonconfidencevote on “…the contractor w… Scotty on Denman on “…the contractor w…
- "...the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards...."
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
Tag Archives: ndp
This week`s topic: Is the NDP’s support of the BC Liberal’s LNG Tax Legislation good for B.C.? If our readers could listen into the weekly calls Brent and I schedule to decide on a Duel topic, they’d get an earful. … Continue reading
Heads up for all my readers to pick up a copy of 24hrs Vancouver edition tomorrow, where I go head to head with Kathryn Marshall on this week’s topic: Is Bill C-377 good for Canada’s union members? My column: http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2012/12/16/conservatives-passed-new-disclosure-requirements-to-hamper-canadas-unions … Continue reading
Sea to Sky operator awards Transtoll technical advisory contract to ensure accurate shadow toll vehicle counts on the Sea to Sky highway – despite the government making repeated,public denials that shadow tolls even exist.
****Update: Sea to SkyHighway Investment Limited Partnership is the entity operating the sea to sky highway,and I have confirmed that it was in fact the concessionaire that has awarded this contract- which would make it a sub-contracting type of agreement between the … Continue reading
Carole James demonstrates BC Liberal “Omerta” doctrine – and fails to grasp how deeply she’s betrayed the parties grassroots supporters.
Omerta. Loosely defined as the ‘code of silence’ doctrine made famous by the mafia, I’ve personally always believed omerta closely described the attitudes of the BC Liberal party and its current leader, Premier Campbell. Never talk, never tell and never,ever criticize the leader – … Continue reading
After long last, Bits and Bites is making a return on this cold rainy Thursday ! The once weekly Wednesday feature has been on a hiatus for a while, as I’ve devoted as much spare time as possible to investigating and researching … Continue reading
An important news item for everyone in British Columbia !!! Please read and forward to everyone you know!! Federal Tories put Liberals on hot seat over HST The Conservative government will introduce legislation requiring Parliament to vote on plans by … Continue reading
and this would be one of those moments. There has been a lot of discussion going on at Bill Tieleman’s blog in response to his post in support of the gun registry in Canada. I’m not going to get into all the details, … Continue reading
While the talk around the province yesterday seemed to be centered on the news that the BC government finally admitted there is no bloody way to stick to the deficit numbers Campbell was flogging during his campaign, there was something … Continue reading
Nothing like a little music to getcha going in the morning…so, sit back and enjoy this funny number from The Royal Canadian Air Farce, titled ” The Ballad of Gordon Campbell” And why not have a look back at these Youtube … Continue reading