- Follow @lailayuile
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
Laila on This weeks new column for 24Hr… workforfun on Ottawa, this is BC calling… JDC on Ottawa, this is BC calling… R on Ottawa, this is BC calling… FRJ on Ottawa, this is BC calling… e.a.f. on Ottawa, this is BC calling…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surprise Surprise, BC Ferries executive pull in significant salary/bonus increases.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with 'Gracie's Finger' references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
Tag Archives: politics
“Because it’s no longer enough to be a decent person. It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news. True enlightened activism is the only thing that can save humanity from itself.” ― Joss … Continue reading
Tis the season to be jolly…unless you happen to be these two pundits who are brothers when they realize it’s Mom calling to bawl them out live on C-span for bad behavior! The looks on their faces are priceless – … Continue reading
And oftentimes excusing of a fault Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse. ~William Shakespeare Partisan snipes from both sides of the house have been fairly silent today on twitter and for good reason: once again, hypocrisy is the … Continue reading
This week I would like to introduce you to my friend and reader, Josh Wapp, who has offered his services as a political cartoonist for my site – we all need a little humour now and then!! While Josh hasn’t … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Right to privacy should stay strong in face of acts of terror
Summer is here, the days are long and after taking a break from the column due to the Canada Day weekend, Brent and I are back at it today with another look at Canada’s secret surveillance program. The question this … Continue reading
Laila Yuile’s 24 hours column, Monday January 7th, 2012 This week’s topic: Does Idle No More address the real problems? “I’d like to start this week by thanking Kathryn for her warm welcome and agreeing with her immediately. She’s definitely right … Continue reading
There are a couple of people who I really admire and follow with regards to their work on P3’s in the province, among other items of concern. One is Erik Andersen , who in the embedded link talks about the … Continue reading
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near” ~Sun Tzu( otherwise known as Rant #1 – there is another one coming)
“Only one thing to it: a strong stomach. The guts to gladhand a man you’re going to stab in the back; pledge allegiance to principles you stomp on every day; righteously denounce some despot in the press and sell him … Continue reading
I am very lucky that many of my friends and colleagues are truth tellers, and we give each other support- along with those whose stories we tell – knowing full well the ramifications that come with doing so. Truth does not always … Continue reading
“Scope changes” to South Fraser Perimeter Road fuels rumours that the project is dead – and the Liberals are out of money.
What?? You don’t say?? Are the Liberals once againover budget, and underfunded – before a project even starts? NOoooo…. say it ain’t so!!!! A little birdie flew by my window tonight, and whispered some sweet nothings in my ear… oh … Continue reading