- @mgabrielGlobal @keithbaldrey Serves double duty as a "Caution!" feature so those falling chunks don't hit anyone.. 9 hours ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
r on “It’s not what you… John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Legal Aid funds diverted by BC Government in excess of $100 million dollars. Legal? Yes. Moral or right? No.
Tag Archives: politics
Driving along the gravel road to a pristine mountain lake last weekend, the sound of the white water rushing in the river that ran alongside, was as welcome as any cold cocktail on a hot summer afternoon. The clear water … Continue reading
“Because it’s no longer enough to be a decent person. It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news. True enlightened activism is the only thing that can save humanity from itself.” ― Joss … Continue reading
Tis the season to be jolly…unless you happen to be these two pundits who are brothers when they realize it’s Mom calling to bawl them out live on C-span for bad behavior! The looks on their faces are priceless – … Continue reading
And oftentimes excusing of a fault Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse. ~William Shakespeare Partisan snipes from both sides of the house have been fairly silent today on twitter and for good reason: once again, hypocrisy is the … Continue reading
This week I would like to introduce you to my friend and reader, Josh Wapp, who has offered his services as a political cartoonist for my site – we all need a little humour now and then!! While Josh hasn’t … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Right to privacy should stay strong in face of acts of terror
Summer is here, the days are long and after taking a break from the column due to the Canada Day weekend, Brent and I are back at it today with another look at Canada’s secret surveillance program. The question this … Continue reading
Laila Yuile’s 24 hours column, Monday January 7th, 2012 This week’s topic: Does Idle No More address the real problems? “I’d like to start this week by thanking Kathryn for her warm welcome and agreeing with her immediately. She’s definitely right … Continue reading
There are a couple of people who I really admire and follow with regards to their work on P3’s in the province, among other items of concern. One is Erik Andersen , who in the embedded link talks about the … Continue reading
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near” ~Sun Tzu( otherwise known as Rant #1 – there is another one coming)
“Only one thing to it: a strong stomach. The guts to gladhand a man you’re going to stab in the back; pledge allegiance to principles you stomp on every day; righteously denounce some despot in the press and sell him … Continue reading
I am very lucky that many of my friends and colleagues are truth tellers, and we give each other support- along with those whose stories we tell – knowing full well the ramifications that come with doing so. Truth does not always … Continue reading