- Follow @lailayuile
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
Tag Archives: railgate
BC Liberals pat themselves on the back over SFPR ‘highway’ opening a year late and $464 million over budget
I’ll give the BC Liberals this: they sure know how to crank out a photo-op and they know how to spin a deuce into silk and make it look like they invented it. Case in point, the grand opening the of much … Continue reading
Indeed, with the revelations brought forward by Vicky Huntington and other dedicated researchers on the ALR land being optioned in Delta…there has been increasing attention around several older posts of mine. You can find them all here under the BEST OF page, … Continue reading
I am here, I am alive and no, I am not an undercover operative for a federal investigation…although that did give me a laugh. The Gateway story is still very much the object of my attention, to the point where every free … Continue reading
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Basi+played+role+handling+Gordon+Campbell+drunk+driving+charge+trial+hears/3157718/story.html This photo crack’s me up every time I see it…why the hell was he smiling? http://jimspss1.courts.state.hi.us:8080/eCourt/ECC/PartyIdSearch.jspx Search results for criteria: Party Id: @665975, CaseType: ALL ID Name/Corporation Case Next Event Party Type Filing Date 5 cases found, displaying 5 … Continue reading
Good evening, my loyal friends and readers! I have to thank all of you for your continued patience and let you know how much I appreciate your faithful stops even though the pages here have remained vacant of posts for some … Continue reading
Coming tomorrow: “Just the tip of the iceberg…”: Why ‘Railgate’ and the Basi-Virk trial is about so much more than Basi-Virk
Forgive me, my friends, but there are simply not enough hours in my day to get this out today as promised. I will do my best to get it out tomorrow.
A little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. ~ Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Jame Madison
And never have I felt more rebellious, more incited to revolution than tonight, when I sat down to read who, and what, really controls what you, and I, and our friends and neighbours read and watch in the evening news…. … Continue reading
“The kind of corruption the media talk about, the kind the Supreme Court was concerned about, involves the putative sale of votes in exchange for campaign contributions. “~ James L.Buckley
I wonder how our dear premier is feeling this morning? Because depending on what side you take, the latest news regarding the political campaign contributions made by various special prosecutors ( Kash Heed’s messy election campaign investigation + the Basi- Virk trial) … Continue reading
From Alex G. Tsakumis’s site, Rebel with a Clause, as he comments on Bill Tieleman’s departure from CKNW : …I suspect, STRONGLY, that there is more to this than meets the mic… Two items: Tieleman has NEVER backed away from naming Christy Clark … Continue reading
From my friend Bill Tieleman’s site : The most anticipated decision in the BC Rail corruption case of David Basi, Bob Virk and Aneal Basi will come at 6:45 a.m. BC time from the Supreme Court of Canada. The Court has announced … Continue reading