- Follow @lailayuile
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
- One tough question for the BC Government
- Imperial Metals president Bryan Kynoch says he would drink the tailings pond water….
What people are saying
Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… North Vans Grumps on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Debbie McBride on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Evil Eye on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To…
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- I saw a shooting star...
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- "You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- “No secrecy, no business.” ~Toba Beta
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: RCMP
And the total cost of the new Surrey city hall/civic plaza/ parkade is….. ( drumroll please…) $138 million plus.
Much more than the $97 million dollars borrowed by the city to build the city hall : http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/BYL_17231.pdf What no one from the city has mentioned yet, is that the building cost of the parkade that services the City Hall … Continue reading
The Newton Community Association held a public forum today to follow-up the public meeting from January. Great dialogue from the community and I’ll have more observations on that soon, but tonight I have some writing to do for a deadline, hopefully … Continue reading
… you see this story: ” Chuck Strahl, Chairman of the federal body which oversees Canada’s spy agency, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), has registered to lobby on behalf of Enbridge’s ‘Northern Gateway Pipelines Limited Partnership’. ~snip~ “Strahl replaced disgraced … Continue reading
Director: “Pam, Pammy… Pamela! What’s your inspiration for this scene? “ Pamela: ” Oh, I don’t know, I’m sure something will come to mind…” Sadly for Ms. Wallin, there will be no retakes this time around. ;)
The hypocrisy of Stephen Harper’s recent announcement that he would be boycotting the big grand poo-bah’s summit in Sri Lanka next month is stunning. The lack of comment on it thus far, even more so. According to reports from overseas: ” Canada … Continue reading
A must read on a really, really big mistake. “Oops, we want our missile radar back: Department of National Defence.”
Courtesy of Kevin Diakiw, the Surrey Leader: http://www.surreyleader.com/news/214682171.html Someone walked into a government auction in Surrey four years ago, placed a winning bid of $37 for a piece of radar equipment, took the device and left. However, according to news … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Right to privacy should stay strong in face of acts of terror
Summer is here, the days are long and after taking a break from the column due to the Canada Day weekend, Brent and I are back at it today with another look at Canada’s secret surveillance program. The question this … Continue reading
In January of this year, I wrote a post highlighting the ridiculous, public relations driven position Bill Fordy had taken with regards to yet another shooting in Surrey. While other police spokespersons in the lower mainland were making clear the … Continue reading