- Good example of bidding irregularities in BC govt MOT resulting in landmark legal ruling lailayuile.com/2010/02/17/ter… #bcpoli 1 hour ago
- Why the culture of cronyism and patronage hurts all of us
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mega-city unsuitable for region.
- November sun turns everything to ice cold gold…
- Countdown to Surrey Votes 2014: “The only people truly bound by campaign promises are the voters who believe them.” ― Christopher Hitchens
- Countdown to Surrey Votes 2014: The Independents.
- Countdown to Surrey Votes 2014
- “Remember, Honour, Teach.”
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Donors wield too much influence.
What people are saying
Off the ‘cliff… on And where is Ms.Isinger’… Laila on Why the culture of cronyism an… R on Why the culture of cronyism an… R on Why the culture of cronyism an… nonconfidencevote on Why the culture of cronyism an… workforfun on Why the culture of cronyism an…
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Why the culture of cronyism and patronage hurts all of us
- "The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth ... the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need -- if only we had the eyes to see. " ~ Edward Abbey
- Tercon Contracters Ltd vs. British Columbia... the rest of the story.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Pop-up Soup Kitchen spurs Blankets of Love: A donation drive to provide Surrey Homeless with winter survival essentials.
- "Speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth." ~ Mohandas Gahndi
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail BCTF Bill Tieleman canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey csis dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile LNG love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: rich coleman
Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
Some think so: https://fipa.bc.ca/release-bc-government-had-obligation-to-release-tailings-pond-info/ And I agree. The duty to protect all and any life and environment comes before everything. It all comes down to who knew what… when? http://pacificgazette.blogspot.ca/2014/08/mount-polley-disasterthey-all-knew-ch-3.html Will we see any resignations now? VANCOUVER, B.C.—The BC Freedom … Continue reading
I was happy to see Vaughn Palmers column today, because his readership far exceeds mine and this story really needs to be read by all British Columbians. He also gives a tip of the hat to a December 21st blog … Continue reading
BC Liberals pat themselves on the back over SFPR ‘highway’ opening a year late and $464 million over budget
I’ll give the BC Liberals this: they sure know how to crank out a photo-op and they know how to spin a deuce into silk and make it look like they invented it. Case in point, the grand opening the of much … Continue reading
Yes, yes, yes, I know I’ve teased you with hints of the post on the BC NDP, and a couple other gems, but I’ve come down sick with a nasty head cold and cough that makes me feel like my … Continue reading
Petro-China lost $1 billion dollars in market value in one day of trading, as investors bailed following news that the corruption probe in China had been expanded to include three executives at Petro-China. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323324904579040200172694292.html Trading of shares in PetroChina and … Continue reading
In going through my emails this evening – a never-ending job these days it seems – I came across one from a reader commenting on the Twitter exchange between Rich Coleman and myself on March 20th of this year. https://twitter.com/colemancountry … Continue reading
What’s it like working with Premier Christy Clark? “She’s a role model for the next generation…” ~ Rich Coleman, minister of everything.
Thankfully, I’ll never have to find out. However, Rich Coleman, minister of everything under the sun has, and actually likes working with Christy so much, he made this video on YouTube just to prove how much he likes working with her. … Continue reading
Friends helping friends: The story of how the BC Liberal – SNC Lavalin connection persists with Christy Clark.
Click on the photo below to see Gwyn Morgans person contributions to the BC Liberals and Christy Clark. Now…. let’s go back and read this story, detailing some of the conflicts behind the proposed Victoria LRT line, SNC and Clark. … Continue reading
Time for Minister Rich Coleman to step down – calls to Surrey Councillors absolute political interference in process.
There is more to come on Coleman and the Gateway story - it’s huge and is still developing on several angles, but Alex Browne of the Peace Arch News scooped a hint of it with this story just out: “BC Liberal MLA Gordon Hogg says … Continue reading
As someone who has blogged about politics since the last election in this province, I’ve seen so many stories and examples of the current governments cronyism/unethical behavior/questionable policies/ corrupt activities that quite honestly, it still astounds me. Following the 2009 election, … Continue reading