- Jaw dropping beauty,friendliest people and epic adventures...I love you #Squamish. Feels like home every time I visit! 9 minutes ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
r on “It’s not what you… John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
Tag Archives: robert dziekanski
Announcement coming shortly on charges recommended against off-duty mountie in death of Orion Hutchinson
A decision whether to approve or decline the charges recommended against RCMP Corporal Benjamin “Monty” Robinson,( in the death of 21-year-old Orion Hutchinson,) is expected shortly. ” Certainly, we are not talking about a matter of months, nor are we even talking … Continue reading
You know what? There is so much to talk about that is making my blood boil that I did not even need to turn the furnace on this morning. So, without the usual chatty preamble, I’m going to start with the closure … Continue reading
You see something like this, courtesy of Neal Hall, the Vancouver Sun: The Mountie who repeatedly Tasered Robert Dziekanski at Vancouver’s airport two years ago has filed a libel lawsuit against the CBC. The legal action by Constable Kwesi Millington … Continue reading
*** updated 11 am, July 23rd- Colin Hansen just announced that on July 1st, 2010, the BC government will “harmonize” the PST we pay with the Federal GST– in other words, they are going to combine the two taxes into … Continue reading
Good morning people! I’m still not used to being back- something about all this noise is really hitting me hard! Damn, even the suburbs are ridiculously noisy all the time, which is why my 5 am run this morning was … Continue reading
November 16th, 2007. http://lailayuile.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/taser-use-worldwide-controversial-at-best/ That is the day I blogged about my feelings regarding the RCMP’s response to Robert Dziekanski’s tasering death at Vancouver airport. Here we are, a year and a half after this post and we are only now … Continue reading
The Vancouver Sun is reporting that the man who was killed in the most recent Surrey targeted hit was 21 year old Ralph Baldini – the same person who rented the north Surrey Penthouse where 6 people were brutally murdered … Continue reading
Mountie involved in Dziekanski taser incident to make first appearance January 15th in Surrey provincial court.
A local RCMP officer will make his first appearance in Surrey Provincial Court on January 15th, where it is expected formal charges will be laid in relation to his involvement in a collision dating back to October 2008 where a young … Continue reading
Time for the RCMP to do the right thing: Pull tasers out of service pending further independent testing.
Forgive me, but I’m opening the door to ‘taser talk’ again. ( The last time I did this it initiated an ongoing debate in the comments section that lasted for several months.) Last night I watched an excellent documentary on The … Continue reading
I’ve been an admirer of Wallace Craig and his writings for some time, and am very pleased to bring you a reprint of his latest column, with his permission. He tells it like it is. HOLD YOUR POLITICIANS TO PUBLIC … Continue reading