- @WFLBC @diakiw @LindaHepner I shouldn't laugh but I did. Thanks for the morning chuckle :) 4 hours ago
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
- One tough question for the BC Government
- Imperial Metals president Bryan Kynoch says he would drink the tailings pond water….
What people are saying
R on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… North Vans Grumps on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Debbie McBride on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To…
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- First steps to permanent slots approved by Surrey council Monday evening. **update at the bottom of this post
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : "…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- Time for Minister Rich Coleman to step down - calls to Surrey Councillors absolute political interference in process.
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: robert dziekanski
Time for the RCMP to do the right thing: Pull tasers out of service pending further independent testing.
Forgive me, but I’m opening the door to ‘taser talk’ again. ( The last time I did this it initiated an ongoing debate in the comments section that lasted for several months.) Last night I watched an excellent documentary on The … Continue reading
Good morning everyone, and thanks for stopping by on what is shaping up to be not that bad of a hump day.Only 4 more nights of firecrackers and bangers, and whatever else the local teenagers are throwing about. You know … Continue reading
I’ve been an admirer of Wallace Craig and his writings for some time, and am very pleased to bring you a reprint of his latest column, with his permission. He tells it like it is. HOLD YOUR POLITICIANS TO PUBLIC … Continue reading
Here we are, 6 months after the taser- related death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski, and still no answers. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/05/12/taser-inquiry.html In fact, more questions have arisen regarding the safety of the newest weapon in police officers arsenals, with little resolution on … Continue reading
Well folks, I had really envisioned being able to sit down and write what was on my mind, but times run out, and I don’t know when and if I will be able to post until late next week, as … Continue reading
Much to the chagrin of some I know, whose opinons are that the RCMP is a steadfast, honourable institution, with no, or little corruption, protection for whistleblowers etc…….. it appears that whistleblowers who did come forward to report wrongdoing, were in … Continue reading
Surprise, surprise. The Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP released an interim report today, that criticizes the force for “failing to manage the use of tasers and allowing usage to grow in the past six years, to include cases where people … Continue reading
Here is an interesting article from the Globe & Mail, telling the story of veteren police officer Darren Laur, the Victoria Sgt. who initiated the use of taser in the first detachment in Canada. A subsequent research paper he wrote – … Continue reading
Improvements will be made at YVR, in the wake of Robert Dziekanski’s death. Released at the Fairmont Richmond today, the changes may ensure travellers and new immigrants will have an easier time negotiating their arrival at YVR. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/12/07/bc-yvrtaserchanges.html Also released … Continue reading
I love a good debate, and as I’ve said before , differing opinions make the world go ’round. I’ve take a LOT of heat over my views surrounding the death of Robert Dziekanski, some from nuts, some from well-educated people, and … Continue reading