- #surreybc This guy should not be out on the street- period. twitter.com/CKNW/status/62… 4 minutes ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
Tag Archives: robert dziekanski
Here we are, 6 months after the taser- related death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski, and still no answers. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/05/12/taser-inquiry.html In fact, more questions have arisen regarding the safety of the newest weapon in police officers arsenals, with little resolution on … Continue reading
Much to the chagrin of some I know, whose opinons are that the RCMP is a steadfast, honourable institution, with no, or little corruption, protection for whistleblowers etc…….. it appears that whistleblowers who did come forward to report wrongdoing, were in … Continue reading
Surprise, surprise. The Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP released an interim report today, that criticizes the force for “failing to manage the use of tasers and allowing usage to grow in the past six years, to include cases where people … Continue reading
Here is an interesting article from the Globe & Mail, telling the story of veteren police officer Darren Laur, the Victoria Sgt. who initiated the use of taser in the first detachment in Canada. A subsequent research paper he wrote – … Continue reading
Improvements will be made at YVR, in the wake of Robert Dziekanski’s death. Released at the Fairmont Richmond today, the changes may ensure travellers and new immigrants will have an easier time negotiating their arrival at YVR. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/12/07/bc-yvrtaserchanges.html Also released … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting article I read this morning in the Health News section of http://www.cbc.ca , regarding the safety of tasers. Read it yourself, and you might find it as laughable as I did. Although the fellow in question claims to have … Continue reading
That is exactly what Corporal Dale Carr seemed to be doing last night , in an on air-interview with a reporter from Vancouver CTV 6 0’clock news. ( I am trying to locate a working link to the clip, however the … Continue reading
The Globe and Mail reports that in the interest of a fair and unbiased investigation, the RCMP has a trip to Poland in the works. Apparently, they wish to find out more about Robert Dziekanksi’s last days , his medical history … Continue reading
A Canadian made automobile that cant be sold in Canada and no one seems to know about…and other amusing items
Rick Mercer had an interesting feature on the show this week, the ZENN car. That’s right, a Zero-Emission, No Noise car ( hence the name ZENN) that is fully battery operated and can be plugged into any electric outlet to … Continue reading