- RT @mario_canseco: In 2014, 68% in Metro Vancouver said developers & lobbyists have too much influence in their municipality. #vanpoli http… 48 minutes ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
Laila on Politics must not trump public… r on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Mike on “It’s no longer enough t… G. Barry Stewart on This weeks new column for 24Hr… Grandview Heights St… on “It’s no longer enough t… e.a.f. on This weeks new column for 24Hr…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with 'Gracie's Finger' references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
Tag Archives: robert dziekanski
Here we are, 6 months after the taser- related death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski, and still no answers. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/05/12/taser-inquiry.html In fact, more questions have arisen regarding the safety of the newest weapon in police officers arsenals, with little resolution on … Continue reading
Much to the chagrin of some I know, whose opinons are that the RCMP is a steadfast, honourable institution, with no, or little corruption, protection for whistleblowers etc…….. it appears that whistleblowers who did come forward to report wrongdoing, were in … Continue reading
Surprise, surprise. The Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP released an interim report today, that criticizes the force for “failing to manage the use of tasers and allowing usage to grow in the past six years, to include cases where people … Continue reading
Here is an interesting article from the Globe & Mail, telling the story of veteren police officer Darren Laur, the Victoria Sgt. who initiated the use of taser in the first detachment in Canada. A subsequent research paper he wrote – … Continue reading
Improvements will be made at YVR, in the wake of Robert Dziekanski’s death. Released at the Fairmont Richmond today, the changes may ensure travellers and new immigrants will have an easier time negotiating their arrival at YVR. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/12/07/bc-yvrtaserchanges.html Also released … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting article I read this morning in the Health News section of http://www.cbc.ca , regarding the safety of tasers. Read it yourself, and you might find it as laughable as I did. Although the fellow in question claims to have … Continue reading
That is exactly what Corporal Dale Carr seemed to be doing last night , in an on air-interview with a reporter from Vancouver CTV 6 0’clock news. ( I am trying to locate a working link to the clip, however the … Continue reading
The Globe and Mail reports that in the interest of a fair and unbiased investigation, the RCMP has a trip to Poland in the works. Apparently, they wish to find out more about Robert Dziekanksi’s last days , his medical history … Continue reading
A Canadian made automobile that cant be sold in Canada and no one seems to know about…and other amusing items
Rick Mercer had an interesting feature on the show this week, the ZENN car. That’s right, a Zero-Emission, No Noise car ( hence the name ZENN) that is fully battery operated and can be plugged into any electric outlet to … Continue reading