- RT @BarinderRasode: Big things happening! @marissenmark @RaeyConsulting @mazartang @kallam42 @KyleRasode @CalvinRasode #surreybc http://t.c… 3 hours ago
- The world according to Christy Clark. Keep your ibuprofen handy
- Friday afternoon on a long weekend, do you know where your government is? “Error 404- information or government not found”
- ‘Our posterity will wonder about our ignorance of things so plain.’ ~ Seneca
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
What people are saying
islandcynic on The world according to Christy… r on The world according to Christy… Curt on Friday afternoon on a long wee… Curt on Friday afternoon on a long wee… Curt on Friday afternoon on a long wee… Curt on ‘Our posterity will wond…
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- The world according to Christy Clark. Keep your ibuprofen handy
- Friday afternoon on a long weekend, do you know where your government is? "Error 404- information or government not found"
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 'Our posterity will wonder about our ignorance of things so plain.' ~ Seneca
- What Christy Clark didn't tell you about the Families First Slogan.
- "Show me the money!" - See what little we know of how the legislature spends it's money PLUS Premiers office spends double what Campbells crew did in his last year.
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile LNG love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: sea to sky highway
Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
The Ministry of Transportation is investigating the condition of at least three MSE ( Mechanically Stabilized Earth) retaining walls along the Sea to Sky Highway, according to sources close to the project. This action finally comes after specific Ministry employee’s received the photos … Continue reading
Gwyn Morgan, a “retired Businessman who lives in the Greater Victoria Region.”, penned an article in the Alberni Valley News yesterday. http://www.albernivalleynews.com/opinion/206277021.html?fb_comment_id=fbc_156711017836202_280258_157028854471085#f6ac7ecd047de Here is an excerpt: We also need to focus on balancing the provincial budget, rather than taking money away from … Continue reading
There are a couple of people who I really admire and follow with regards to their work on P3’s in the province, among other items of concern. One is Erik Andersen , who in the embedded link talks about the … Continue reading
The top post of 2012 on LailaYuile.com: “How money and corruption are ruining the land.” originally posted June 19th, 2012
Corruption in government has been on many readers minds this year, backed up by this story, first posted here back in June, which received a whopping number of unique views, catching the attention of readers and governments alike, around the world. As a precursor … Continue reading
Why is the BC government paying over $63 million dollars a year to the private partners of the Sea to Sky highway?
Could it be, that just might have something to do with the cost of the shadow tolls on the highway for the year ending March 31st, 2011? Hmmm? Can the Liberals answer that question for us please? My very good friend at … Continue reading
” Looking beyond…to future P3 projects, there is a need for stronger public accountability requirements.” ~ Office of the Auditor General of B.C.
No kidding. With the recent combination of distractions revolving around strata president duties, my sons highschool graduation and my garden, a very important report I have waited on nearly escaped my attention. I say nearly, because thanks to a wonderful reader who knows I have … Continue reading
Sea to Sky highway changes hands as Macquaries Essential Asset Partnerships sells 100% of their stake in the project
**** Breaking News update: In an interesting development which is relevent to the sea to sky news I posted today, I received inside information from an overseas source early this evening that Macquarie Bank has shut down Transtoll, which is a subsidiary of Macquarie Atlas Roads. I was … Continue reading
I had my first taste of how true this statement is Friday night, with an incident that happened while I was out enjoying the Stanley Park Christmas train with my two youngest children, and some close friends of mine who joined us. I share … Continue reading
Tax cuts + ensuing loss of revenue = a deliberate financial crisis…and a reason to introduce the P3 method of building
I have never seen more senators express discontent with their jobs. … I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices to doing something terrible and unforgivable to this wonderful country. Deep down … Continue reading
snowball effect (n.) 1.(figurative)the consequence of one event setting off a chain of similar events (like a falling domino causing a whole row of upended dominos to fall) **** Story updated at the bottom: 5 am, November 1st- UK … Continue reading