- @dacooster @srobarts It isn't even a binding referendum,but a non-binding plebiscite,the ballot has been changed. vancouversun.com/news/Changes+t… 43 minutes ago
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- The ‘real’ thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Legalize tent cities.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Overreacting to heinous acts is what the terrorists want.
- Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cops too eager to shoot.
- BC Government releases Chief Inspectors 2013 Annual Report on New Years Eve, to Lego Movie soundtrack hit “Everything is Awesome!”
- A look back at 2014 through my lens.
What people are saying
John's Aghast on The ‘real’ thing a… RS on The ‘real’ thing a… workforfun on The ‘real’ thing a… Derek on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a… Lew on The ‘real’ thing a…
- The 'real' thing about the Port Mann Bridge.
- When good things happen to awesome people.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Things that make you go "Hmmmmm..."; Or who is gauging support for former premier Gordon Campbell in Vancouver telephone polling?
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- City of Surreys corporate interests vs. the will and well-being of the people
Tag Archives: sea to sky
Generally speaking, summer is a bit of dead zone for political stories, however this summer has been a non-stop series of eyebrow raising news items that have continued right into September. I’ve taken a bit of break for the last … Continue reading
” Circumstances do not make the man… they reveal him.” ~ James Allen, former defence minister of New Zealand
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.. what does this one tell you? ( And a reminder to scroll down and read the HST agreements that the government would rather you not see, and how far they would … Continue reading
“The incestuous relationship between government and big business thrives in the dark.” ~Jack Anderson
From the Fraser Surrey Docks press release: Fraser Surrey Docks was a fitting background for the official launch of the South Fraser Perimeter Road (SFPR)project on Monday, January 12th 2009, which was attended by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Premier … Continue reading
Fighting the good fight I believe that any individual who has spiritually awakened in our time, to the degree that he or she finds a higher and deeper motive for living, is going to be driven to fight the good … Continue reading
Will McMartin did an outstanding job on his piece about Falcon in the Tyee today. Fact, not fiction and cuts right through the Falcon leadership rhetoric. Highlights include: : Kevin Falcon added close to $2.6 billion in infrastructure debt during his … Continue reading
Just back from the Vancouver Sun live chat with Kevin Falcon, in which every question I submitted was given to Falcon except the last, because time ran out. So, what can you expect from Kevin Falcon if he were to … Continue reading
**** Updated January 12th,2011 While not evident in researching this post, it has been brought to my attention that Macquaries interest in the Casino was reduced in a debt reduction transaction that took place in August of last year, which received very little … Continue reading
Mark Hume of the Globe and Mail has done an outstanding job of taking the Sea to Sky highway shadow toll story to an entirely new level in the Monday edition of the paper, and managed to get some rather … Continue reading
Sea to Sky operator awards Transtoll technical advisory contract to ensure accurate shadow toll vehicle counts on the Sea to Sky highway – despite the government making repeated,public denials that shadow tolls even exist.
****Update: Sea to SkyHighway Investment Limited Partnership is the entity operating the sea to sky highway,and I have confirmed that it was in fact the concessionaire that has awarded this contract- which would make it a sub-contracting type of agreement between the … Continue reading
****Updated at the bottom, Tuesday Nov. 2, 8pm. Sometimes what is more telling about a situation isn’t what is said, but rather, what is not. Since the publication of my first story on the shadow tolls on the Sea to Sly … Continue reading