- Grew up in a family where all worked in forestry/trades & my eldest son does now too.Todays #dayofmourning has special meaning for me. 19 minutes ago
- “…the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards….”
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
What people are saying
Laila on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on ‘Our posterity will wond… North Vans Grumps on “…the contractor w… JDC on “…the contractor w… nonconfidencevote on “…the contractor w… Scotty on Denman on “…the contractor w…
- "...the contractor who built the wall — Peter Kiewit and Sons — used parts in the retaining wall that do not meet ministry standards...."
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
Tag Archives: sea to sky
Generally speaking, summer is a bit of dead zone for political stories, however this summer has been a non-stop series of eyebrow raising news items that have continued right into September. I’ve taken a bit of break for the last … Continue reading
” Circumstances do not make the man… they reveal him.” ~ James Allen, former defence minister of New Zealand
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.. what does this one tell you? ( And a reminder to scroll down and read the HST agreements that the government would rather you not see, and how far they would … Continue reading
“The incestuous relationship between government and big business thrives in the dark.” ~Jack Anderson
From the Fraser Surrey Docks press release: Fraser Surrey Docks was a fitting background for the official launch of the South Fraser Perimeter Road (SFPR)project on Monday, January 12th 2009, which was attended by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Premier … Continue reading
Fighting the good fight I believe that any individual who has spiritually awakened in our time, to the degree that he or she finds a higher and deeper motive for living, is going to be driven to fight the good … Continue reading
Will McMartin did an outstanding job on his piece about Falcon in the Tyee today. Fact, not fiction and cuts right through the Falcon leadership rhetoric. Highlights include: : Kevin Falcon added close to $2.6 billion in infrastructure debt during his … Continue reading
Just back from the Vancouver Sun live chat with Kevin Falcon, in which every question I submitted was given to Falcon except the last, because time ran out. So, what can you expect from Kevin Falcon if he were to … Continue reading
**** Updated January 12th,2011 While not evident in researching this post, it has been brought to my attention that Macquaries interest in the Casino was reduced in a debt reduction transaction that took place in August of last year, which received very little … Continue reading
Mark Hume of the Globe and Mail has done an outstanding job of taking the Sea to Sky highway shadow toll story to an entirely new level in the Monday edition of the paper, and managed to get some rather … Continue reading
Sea to Sky operator awards Transtoll technical advisory contract to ensure accurate shadow toll vehicle counts on the Sea to Sky highway – despite the government making repeated,public denials that shadow tolls even exist.
****Update: Sea to SkyHighway Investment Limited Partnership is the entity operating the sea to sky highway,and I have confirmed that it was in fact the concessionaire that has awarded this contract- which would make it a sub-contracting type of agreement between the … Continue reading
****Updated at the bottom, Tuesday Nov. 2, 8pm. Sometimes what is more telling about a situation isn’t what is said, but rather, what is not. Since the publication of my first story on the shadow tolls on the Sea to Sly … Continue reading