- Happy #BCDay everyone! This is what I love so much about BC & why it means so much to me. lailayuile.com/2015/07/31/its… 34 minutes ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
r on “It’s not what you… John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Terasen Gas and BC Hydro kill me with their billing.
- Why exactly, is the Mars Bomber sitting idle?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
Tag Archives: stephen harper
Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
http://globalnews.ca/news/2011052/second-major-coast-guard-communications-outage-in-three-days/ “For the second time in three days, the communication system for the Coast Guard in Canada’s busiest waterway had an extended malfunction. “There was a loaded tug and barge with 86,000 barrels of diesel and gasoline going through the … Continue reading
“People want responsible leadership. On big issues, they are not going to sit in their homes. They will act and press for action.” Kofi Annan It’s a hard job being a politician. From the moment you announce you are running … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should proposed new rules be enacted allowing B.C. non-profit societies to be taken to court? Make no mistake, the legislative changes to the Society Act proposed by the B.C. government are not about keeping registered societies accountable and … Continue reading
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-eu-trade-deal-posted-online-on-german-website-1.2735933?cmp=rss Not the full document, but 521 pages of it… will update with more details in a bit once I have had time to properly read it myself, but here is the PDF Format of that document at the original … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
“It is always more easy to discover and proclaim general principles than to apply them.” ~ Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
In following the discussion and commentary on social media in the hours leading up to an announcement from the federal government on Northern Gateway, one thing is clear: there is an elephant in the room that no one wants to … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Broken Temporary Foreign Worker Program needs overhaul to protect Canadians and foreign workers
The winner of last week’s duel on e-cigarettes was Brent with 53%. This week’s topic: Should the federal government temporarily suspend the entire Temporary Foreign Worker Program? Earlier this spring, Brent and I debated whether or not temporary foreign workers … Continue reading