- RT @SoniaSAslam: HEADS UP: Jon Stewart's last day hosting @TheDailyShow will be August 6th. 1 hour ago
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
- “Home isn’t always where you live,but where they understand you:The passing of Ben Meisner “
What people are saying
North Vans Grumps on Denial, deflect, discredit. nonconfidencevote on Denial, deflect, discredit. Jack Hackett on Denial, deflect, discredit. John's Aghast on Denial, deflect, discredit. Don F. on Denial, deflect, discredit. Drew Chisholm on Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Introducing... the new Canucks Bra!!
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
Tag Archives: stephen harper
“People want responsible leadership. On big issues, they are not going to sit in their homes. They will act and press for action.” Kofi Annan It’s a hard job being a politician. From the moment you announce you are running … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should proposed new rules be enacted allowing B.C. non-profit societies to be taken to court? Make no mistake, the legislative changes to the Society Act proposed by the B.C. government are not about keeping registered societies accountable and … Continue reading
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-eu-trade-deal-posted-online-on-german-website-1.2735933?cmp=rss Not the full document, but 521 pages of it… will update with more details in a bit once I have had time to properly read it myself, but here is the PDF Format of that document at the original … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
“It is always more easy to discover and proclaim general principles than to apply them.” ~ Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
In following the discussion and commentary on social media in the hours leading up to an announcement from the federal government on Northern Gateway, one thing is clear: there is an elephant in the room that no one wants to … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Broken Temporary Foreign Worker Program needs overhaul to protect Canadians and foreign workers
The winner of last week’s duel on e-cigarettes was Brent with 53%. This week’s topic: Should the federal government temporarily suspend the entire Temporary Foreign Worker Program? Earlier this spring, Brent and I debated whether or not temporary foreign workers … Continue reading
****My apologies for posting this so late: generally I post my columns first thing in the am to give readers ample time to comment and vote, but unfortunately had an early meeting schedule that prevented me from doing so! The … Continue reading