- This is why city and some candidates are worried about 'perception of crime' in Whalley aka Central City. #surreybc fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/12/03/bri… 3 hours ago
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
- One tough question for the BC Government
- Imperial Metals president Bryan Kynoch says he would drink the tailings pond water….
What people are saying
R on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… North Vans Grumps on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Laila on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To… Debbie McBride on “No secrecy, no business.” ~To…
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- BNSF Railway and Semiahmoo First nations embroiled in litigation regarding right of way and allegations of trespass since 2009.
- Time for Minister Rich Coleman to step down - calls to Surrey Councillors absolute political interference in process.
- Understanding Sikh Gender Inequality
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Tag Archives: stephen harper
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-eu-trade-deal-posted-online-on-german-website-1.2735933?cmp=rss Not the full document, but 521 pages of it… will update with more details in a bit once I have had time to properly read it myself, but here is the PDF Format of that document at the original … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
“It is always more easy to discover and proclaim general principles than to apply them.” ~ Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
In following the discussion and commentary on social media in the hours leading up to an announcement from the federal government on Northern Gateway, one thing is clear: there is an elephant in the room that no one wants to … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Broken Temporary Foreign Worker Program needs overhaul to protect Canadians and foreign workers
The winner of last week’s duel on e-cigarettes was Brent with 53%. This week’s topic: Should the federal government temporarily suspend the entire Temporary Foreign Worker Program? Earlier this spring, Brent and I debated whether or not temporary foreign workers … Continue reading
****My apologies for posting this so late: generally I post my columns first thing in the am to give readers ample time to comment and vote, but unfortunately had an early meeting schedule that prevented me from doing so! The … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24hrs Vancouver: Battle over Clayoquot Sound shows the power of peaceful protests
Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on Russia was Brent at 65%. This week’s topic: Is civil disobedience an acceptable way to stop the Northern Gateway Pipeline? … Continue reading
Coming next week, final installment of Playing with the Dragon- read the second in the series now to catch up.
Originally posted in June of 2012, this post took a deeper look at how and who has played an integral role in the development of Canada’s foreign policy with China…and why Harper seemed to do an about-face when it comes … Continue reading
The latest creation from our resident illustrator and cartoonist, Josh Wapp Josh is an illustrator living in Nelson, BC. His work has appeared in Canadian Biker Magazine, Kootenay Mountain Culture Magazine, the Kootenay Express Newspaper, and in various … Continue reading
… you see this story: ” Chuck Strahl, Chairman of the federal body which oversees Canada’s spy agency, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), has registered to lobby on behalf of Enbridge’s ‘Northern Gateway Pipelines Limited Partnership’. ~snip~ “Strahl replaced disgraced … Continue reading