- Follow @lailayuile
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
r on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Mike on “It’s no longer enough t… G. Barry Stewart on This weeks new column for 24Hr… Grandview Heights St… on “It’s no longer enough t… e.a.f. on This weeks new column for 24Hr… e.a.f. on Ottawa, this is BC calling…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Surrey transit after dark reveals 'Boulevard of broken dreams'...( and they wonder why more people don't take transit)
Tag Archives: tasers
Announcement coming shortly on charges recommended against off-duty mountie in death of Orion Hutchinson
A decision whether to approve or decline the charges recommended against RCMP Corporal Benjamin “Monty” Robinson,( in the death of 21-year-old Orion Hutchinson,) is expected shortly. ” Certainly, we are not talking about a matter of months, nor are we even talking … Continue reading
November 16th, 2007. http://lailayuile.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/taser-use-worldwide-controversial-at-best/ That is the day I blogged about my feelings regarding the RCMP’s response to Robert Dziekanski’s tasering death at Vancouver airport. Here we are, a year and a half after this post and we are only now … Continue reading
Mountie involved in Dziekanski taser incident to make first appearance January 15th in Surrey provincial court.
A local RCMP officer will make his first appearance in Surrey Provincial Court on January 15th, where it is expected formal charges will be laid in relation to his involvement in a collision dating back to October 2008 where a young … Continue reading
Time for the RCMP to do the right thing: Pull tasers out of service pending further independent testing.
Forgive me, but I’m opening the door to ‘taser talk’ again. ( The last time I did this it initiated an ongoing debate in the comments section that lasted for several months.) Last night I watched an excellent documentary on The … Continue reading
Here we are, 6 months after the taser- related death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski, and still no answers. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/05/12/taser-inquiry.html In fact, more questions have arisen regarding the safety of the newest weapon in police officers arsenals, with little resolution on … Continue reading
Much to the chagrin of some I know, whose opinons are that the RCMP is a steadfast, honourable institution, with no, or little corruption, protection for whistleblowers etc…….. it appears that whistleblowers who did come forward to report wrongdoing, were in … Continue reading
Surprise, surprise. The Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP released an interim report today, that criticizes the force for “failing to manage the use of tasers and allowing usage to grow in the past six years, to include cases where people … Continue reading