- Follow @lailayuile
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
G. Barry Stewart on This weeks new column for 24Hr… Grandview Heights St… on “It’s no longer enough t… e.a.f. on This weeks new column for 24Hr… e.a.f. on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Scotty on Denman on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Laila on This weeks new column for 24Hr…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Why I am (still) voting No in the Transit tax vote
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with 'Gracie's Finger' references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
Tag Archives: the duel
I was very impressed to hear the news this evening, that our little paper, 24 Hours Vancouver, is now the second most read print publication, Monday to Friday, in all of western Canada! ( The Province is #1, 24Hrs #2, and … Continue reading
****My apologies for posting this so late: generally I post my columns first thing in the am to give readers ample time to comment and vote, but unfortunately had an early meeting schedule that prevented me from doing so! The … Continue reading
Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on the proposed ‘urban resort’ in Vancouver was Brent with 71%. This week’s topic: Is it time to review and change … Continue reading
THE DUEL Sunday, July 14, 2013 Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on Canada’s secret surveillance program was Laila Yuile with 55%. This week’s question: In light … Continue reading
The winner of last week’s duel on the education system was Laila Yuile with 65%. This week’s topic: Should the Senate be elected or abolished? Brent has done an excellent job this week of deflecting attention away from the deeper … Continue reading
In this weeks column, Kathryn and I tackle the question : Does B.C. need a change in leadership? This column, was the catalyst for yesterday’s post here, because the closer I was to reaching my column word length, the more I … Continue reading
This week’s column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Cutting services to most vulnerable a typical Liberal tactic
Winner of the last duel on the value of the Canadian Senate was Laila Yuile with 64%. This week’s topic: Is the recent B.C. budget really a Liberal budget — or an NDP-style one? Premier Christy Clark — who still … Continue reading