- Follow @lailayuile
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
Laila on Politics must not trump public… r on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Mike on “It’s no longer enough t… G. Barry Stewart on This weeks new column for 24Hr… Grandview Heights St… on “It’s no longer enough t… e.a.f. on This weeks new column for 24Hr…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with 'Gracie's Finger' references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
Tag Archives: vancouver 2010
Olympic Village compared to ” boy scout camp” with “walls as thin as curtains” ??? Read the news from overseas…
For the love of everything Canadian, will someone please tell me this is not true!! courtesy of a long standing reader this morning : http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/vancouver-olympics-2010/02/12/olympic-village-accommodation/coaches-athletes-slam-walls-as-thin-as-curtains.html ( and who was in charge of Olympic construction ? ) Don’t snore – ‘the walls are … Continue reading
” Someone can write a negative story by taking a picture of someone in a doorway,but we have some things to celebrate.” ~ Rich Coleman
(Well, Rich, you sure know how to give a good quote ! ) ******* UPDATE – FEBRUARY 07th, 2010. Last year I bookmarked a page from The Province’s Operation Phoenix series that I found to be particularly authentic, and … Continue reading
This link is appearing everywhere online, and has been sent to me by a number of readers. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/jan/31/vancouver-winter-olympics-police An interesting commentary, it at first appears to be an overseas Op-Ed, but on further examination the author turns out to be a local … Continue reading
You heard it here locally first, on January 11th…now,CBC picks up NY post story and tells more of how Intrawest’s troubles are threatening the Olympics in Whistler
You heard it here first on January 11th, which is the date I brought you the NY post story that detailed the first real hint of trouble for Whistler/Blackcomb resort owners, Intrawest, whose creditors are threatening to foreclose on them and … Continue reading
” for all the challenges our children may face in the world, they continue to benefit from a world-class education system.” ~ Gordon Campbell.
A big,BIG, thank you out to Frank for this little gem… That headline quote above is from the opinion editorial that Campbell wrote yesterday, that is posted here right below,and ran in yesterday’s Sun. In that same editorial, he also … Continue reading
Vans and vans full, according to this video! National must be making a fortune over van rentals for this security detail. Shot at the end of October on Vancouver Island, the video clearly shows a massive police presence that really-kinda-sorta … Continue reading
If you don’t follow David Berner’s blog now, I suggest that you do. He writes and comments and talks about various important issues facing those of us in Lotusland, and often touches on items that would otherwise escape the scrutiny … Continue reading
You better find your parking now if you plan to drive to Whistler in 2010 – and be prepared to prove it.
*** Want to hear more on this story? Listen to CBC Radio newscasts tomorrow morning, Thursday February 26th, for excerpts from an interview with Priya Ramu, who contacted me after reading Wednesdays bits and bites feature. That is the word from … Continue reading
More often than not, the best writing in The Province is found in the sports section, under the banner of Province sportswriter, Ed Willes. Personally, I think they should let this man loose with a column in the first section, … Continue reading