- @26snuffy 2/2 however when they are not good,excuses are given on why stats can't be used as an indicator of how things really are... 3 hours ago
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
- “Home isn’t always where you live,but where they understand you:The passing of Ben Meisner “
What people are saying
John's Aghast on Denial, deflect, discredit. Scotty on Denman on Denial, deflect, discredit. Laila on Denial, deflect, discredit. Gini on Denial, deflect, discredit. beachboxer on Denial, deflect, discredit. Gini on Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- "Official truths are often powerful illusions" ~ John Pilger
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
Tag Archives: vancouver 2010
Olympic Village compared to ” boy scout camp” with “walls as thin as curtains” ??? Read the news from overseas…
For the love of everything Canadian, will someone please tell me this is not true!! courtesy of a long standing reader this morning : http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/vancouver-olympics-2010/02/12/olympic-village-accommodation/coaches-athletes-slam-walls-as-thin-as-curtains.html ( and who was in charge of Olympic construction ? ) Don’t snore – ‘the walls are … Continue reading
” Someone can write a negative story by taking a picture of someone in a doorway,but we have some things to celebrate.” ~ Rich Coleman
(Well, Rich, you sure know how to give a good quote ! ) ******* UPDATE – FEBRUARY 07th, 2010. Last year I bookmarked a page from The Province’s Operation Phoenix series that I found to be particularly authentic, and … Continue reading
This link is appearing everywhere online, and has been sent to me by a number of readers. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/jan/31/vancouver-winter-olympics-police An interesting commentary, it at first appears to be an overseas Op-Ed, but on further examination the author turns out to be a local … Continue reading
You heard it here locally first, on January 11th…now,CBC picks up NY post story and tells more of how Intrawest’s troubles are threatening the Olympics in Whistler
You heard it here first on January 11th, which is the date I brought you the NY post story that detailed the first real hint of trouble for Whistler/Blackcomb resort owners, Intrawest, whose creditors are threatening to foreclose on them and … Continue reading
” for all the challenges our children may face in the world, they continue to benefit from a world-class education system.” ~ Gordon Campbell.
A big,BIG, thank you out to Frank for this little gem… That headline quote above is from the opinion editorial that Campbell wrote yesterday, that is posted here right below,and ran in yesterday’s Sun. In that same editorial, he also … Continue reading
Vans and vans full, according to this video! National must be making a fortune over van rentals for this security detail. Shot at the end of October on Vancouver Island, the video clearly shows a massive police presence that really-kinda-sorta … Continue reading
If you don’t follow David Berner’s blog now, I suggest that you do. He writes and comments and talks about various important issues facing those of us in Lotusland, and often touches on items that would otherwise escape the scrutiny … Continue reading
You better find your parking now if you plan to drive to Whistler in 2010 – and be prepared to prove it.
*** Want to hear more on this story? Listen to CBC Radio newscasts tomorrow morning, Thursday February 26th, for excerpts from an interview with Priya Ramu, who contacted me after reading Wednesdays bits and bites feature. That is the word from … Continue reading
More often than not, the best writing in The Province is found in the sports section, under the banner of Province sportswriter, Ed Willes. Personally, I think they should let this man loose with a column in the first section, … Continue reading