- Now kids use Ipads in Kindergarten,laptops in grade 1 and look to Google as their guide, twitter.com/JJofBC/status/… 18 minutes ago
- Ottawa, this is BC calling… Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling – we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? …….
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can’t afford to ignore housing
- When wrong just doesn’t begin to describe it.
- Submissions raise eyebrows at Electoral Boundaries Commission public hearing in Surrey with ‘Gracie’s Finger’ references, opposition to changes in key Liberal ridings.
- The end of something wonderful and the start of something new
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Alberta NDP will hurt the premier
- Politics must not trump public safety – It’s time for government to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to Surrey.
- Orange Crush served up in Alberta by Notley win,but can the BC NDP ride the wave to leadership in 2017?
What people are saying
G. Barry Stewart on This weeks new column for 24Hr… Grandview Heights St… on “It’s no longer enough t… e.a.f. on This weeks new column for 24Hr… e.a.f. on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Scotty on Denman on Ottawa, this is BC calling… Laila on This weeks new column for 24Hr…
- Ottawa, this is BC calling... Come in Ottawa.. this is BC calling - we actually need the Coast Guard here. Do you copy? .......
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- Why I am (still) voting No in the Transit tax vote
- This weeks new column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Mayors can't afford to ignore housing
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- "It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news..."
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
Tag Archives: vancouver
Recently, I shared with you the news of my move from the Duel and why I made that decision-I’m thrilled at the overwhelming support from all of you in this new venture. Today, I’m happy to bring you my first … Continue reading
From the very beginning, the entire Transit tax referendum turned non-binding plebiscite, has been a stunning example of the inadequate leadership and poor governance we find ourselves under as a province. Worse yet perhaps, is how the mayors plan is … Continue reading
As my regular readers know, I have a real issue with the way homelessness is dealt with in many cities. Instead of doing what needs to be done to alleviate the issues related to homelessness, it seems we are getting … Continue reading
Although I was born and raised in the northern interior, most of my adult life has been spent here on the coast where the mountains meet the sea. Surprisingly though,I’ve never adjusted to the inherent dampness of our coastal winter … Continue reading
This week’s topic: Should the Lower Mainland become a mega-city like Toronto with one election for the entire region? Brent is right on the money when he states: “What an election!” For politicos, there’s no bigger rush than election night – … Continue reading
Happy B.C. Day ! “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.”~Edward Abbey
From the banks of humble Mud Bay in Surrey, to the mountain peaks and valleys across this great province, there are incredible views to be found and appreciated…if only you take the time. Today, and this weekend, get out of … Continue reading
With this stunning and somewhat rare West Coast Sunshine, we should all be outside enjoying the weather before it returns to nasty rain again! However, I know a lot of people down with flu and colds now, and so I’ve compiled a few … Continue reading
“Scope changes” to South Fraser Perimeter Road fuels rumours that the project is dead – and the Liberals are out of money.
What?? You don’t say?? Are the Liberals once againover budget, and underfunded – before a project even starts? NOoooo…. say it ain’t so!!!! A little birdie flew by my window tonight, and whispered some sweet nothings in my ear… oh … Continue reading