And the saga continues…again.. from my good friends and colleagues at the Abbotsford Today:
“Dear Editor. I recently heard that Rich Coleman weighed in on his twisted side of the proceeding of BC Liberal Candidate Selection Process in the Abbotsford South Riding.
I don’t understand how someone at his level could say such bold face lies … It’s amazing. Rich Coleman states that Moe didn’t want to run in Abbotsford South but instead saw the light and requested the opportunity to run in Abbotsford West.
Let do an “acid test” on this one Rich:
- Moe does not live in Abbotsford Mission;
- Moe did not sign up any members in Abbotsford Mission;
- The date of the request is two weeks before the announcement of the DSM – giving insufficient time to sign members up so that they could show up and vote at the DSM;
- Moe publically stated that he was seeking the nomination for Abbotsford South two years before this new-found enlightenment; and,
- The demographic support for Moe – from a campaign 101 strategic handbook – is 1/50 in Abbotsford Mission (meaning for every farmer in Abbotsford Mission there are more than 50 in Abbotsford South) that would/could possibly support Moe.
The letter that Rich Coleman had his party organizer implement was a “you-better-cover-our-butts-on-this-one” letter, signed at just the right moment by Moe – when Moe was told he was “out” by Bruce Burley – Liberal Organizer. This letter serves as evidence to the level of shock Moe experienced when confronted by the fact that the Liberal insiders just kicked him to the curb.
And finally, Rich Coleman states that there is always disappointment when a candidate is not given a coronation – referring to Moe Gill and Our Past Riding’s response to being presented with this political bomb shell. Well the only coronation going on today is the appointment of Plecas. To whom I would like to say, “I look forward to be introduced to you on the campaign trail”!
Stephen Evans Past President BC Liberal Riding Association – Abbotsford South”
And I ask… which party do you want running your province?