Powerful and compelling words from Treaty 8 Elders at Rocky Mountain Fort Camp,but is anyone in government listening?
In reading some of the reports on the Treaty 8 campers and their supporters at Rocky Mountain Fort heritage site, one is left wondering who these people are, and why are they there?
In the following video an elder who is in camp, shares in his own words, compelling reasons and feelings about what is going on,what will be lost and what it means to him. ( video may take a minute to load. Be patient! 🙂 )
1) BC Hydro issues eviction notice under cover of New Years Eve https://lailayuile.com/2016/01/02/bc-hydro-issues-rocky-mountain-fort-campers-at-site-c-a-24-hour-eviction-notice-on-new-years-eve/
2) A litmus test for ‘Real Change’ : where is Justin Trudeau on Site C? Why isn’t new federal government investigating why Harper invoked cabinet secrecy on Site C decison? https://lailayuile.com/2016/01/04/the-litmus-test-for-real-change-where-is-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-on-sitec/
3) ( photos of demonstration here) Separate demonstration at Site C BC Hydro gates results in three arrests, including Arthur Hadland- long time former Peace River politician https://lailayuile.com/2016/01/06/longtime-peace-river-politician-and-site-c-opponent-arthur-hadland-arrested-at-site-c-demonstration-today
4) UBCIC issues press release one day after Treaty 8 does, asking BC Hydro to stand down. https://lailayuile.com/2016/01/07/first-nations-prepare-for-arrest-to-stop-site-c-dam-ask-prime-minister-to-suspend-federal-approval/
5) Debunking Energy Minister Bill Bennetts misleading statment on Global BC https://lailayuile.com/2016/01/08/cutting-through-the-spin-of-energy-minister-bill-bennetts-statements-on-global-bc-news/
**The most telling comments from Bennett came in this Globe and Mail article from a while back. The last two paragraphs, are alarming.