- RT @Casenuts83: @angedotjarvis @Jen_Eggleston not training though, this is at 153a & 28 ave. they're still there with a car pulled over. No… 7 hours ago
- ” Been to Hell” ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- German Television claims to have leaked CETA document
- Newton residents left in the dark over proposed community court in Surrey with no response from Attorney General Susan Anton
- Did the BC government fail in its duty to release important information-without an FOI-that contained any evidence of : “…a risk of significant harm to the environment or to the health or safety of the public or a group of people”.
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” ~ Robin Williams.
- This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Little leadership in mining disaster
- One tough question for the BC Government
- Imperial Metals president Bryan Kynoch says he would drink the tailings pond water….
What people are saying
Laila on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Don F. on ” Been to Hell” ~A… North Vans Grumps on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Curt on Friends helping friends: The s… Curt on ” Been to Hell” ~A… Mosko on ” Been to Hell” ~A…
- " Been to Hell" ~Alexandra Morton on Mount Polley visit
- "You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Welcome Home facility for addicts and court-ordered offenders NOT welcome in my old neighbourhood.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- Why did the BC government repeal the Weather Modification Act ?
Search terms used to find this blog:2010 2010 olympics adrian dix basi-virk Basi-Virk Trial bc government bc hydro bc liberals bc mary bc ndp bc politics Bc Rail Bill Tieleman brent stafford canada carbon tax carol james cbc china christmas christy clark city of surrey CKNW CKNW Talk SHow Idol conservatives corruption crime crime in surrey dave gerry death dianne watts domestic violence enbridge fight hst funny stories gangs Gordon Campbell hst inspiration kevin falcon kiewit lailayuile Laila Yuile love macquarie ndp newton parenting patrick kinsella politics port mann bridge Prince George railgate RCMP relationships rich coleman robert dziekanski ross buchanan run of the river sea to sky highway shirley bond simi sara snc- lavalin south fraser perimeter road stephen harper Surrey surrey first Talk Show Idol tasers the province the sun Translink vancouver vanoc wally oppal
Category Archives: The China Connection
No… this did not come from The Onion. But seriously…no joking now… considering the recent release of the public accounts I just blogged about… that show that under Christy Clark,Queen of LNG fantasies: “For a government that sought re-election on the … Continue reading
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”
Say what you will about John G. Diefenbaker now, he coined a passage that has become sacred to many devoted Canadians. I clued in a couple of years ago that things at the federal level were not about to change … Continue reading
“It is always more easy to discover and proclaim general principles than to apply them.” ~ Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
In following the discussion and commentary on social media in the hours leading up to an announcement from the federal government on Northern Gateway, one thing is clear: there is an elephant in the room that no one wants to … Continue reading
BC government signs historic agreement to enhance trade, investment and other mutually beneficial connections.
Just about a week ago, and without much fanfare, the BC government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Peoples Republic of China, to “deepen their mutually beneficial trade, investment and cultural connections.” http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2014/04/china-and-bc-sign-agreement-to-increase-trade-and-investment-links.html The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was … Continue reading
An interesting read by Matthew Millar from the Vancouver Observer: Premier Christy Clark partnered in Enbridge Lobbying Firm
Matthew does some great work, a must follow if you don’t already. Here is an excerpt… B.C. Premier Christy Clark was a partner in a lobbying firm that was contracted by Enbridge and which lobbied the federal government on the company’s … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24hrs Vancouver: Battle over Clayoquot Sound shows the power of peaceful protests
Columnists Laila Yuile and Brent Stafford battle over the issues of the day. The winner of last week’s duel on Russia was Brent at 65%. This week’s topic: Is civil disobedience an acceptable way to stop the Northern Gateway Pipeline? … Continue reading
A must read, watch and share: W5 brings us Pipeline Wars, a story of unreported spills, alarmed communities and a promise to do ‘better’
“On the eve of W5’s reporting about the issue, the company sent an e-mail to mayors and councillors in dozens of Ontario communities located along the line, advising of the broadcast, offering links to the company’s website to provide its … Continue reading
Dear Enbridge. What part of ‘We don’t want your pipeline’ do you not understand? Best regards, Laila
Coming next week, final installment of Playing with the Dragon- read the second in the series now to catch up.
Originally posted in June of 2012, this post took a deeper look at how and who has played an integral role in the development of Canada’s foreign policy with China…and why Harper seemed to do an about-face when it comes … Continue reading